Early Indications

CAARHawk

Banned
Woke up this morning, reponded to a post that said early indications are that FM will turn the Hawk's around quickly. Said I didn't think we had any evidence that indicate success or failure at this point.

Got out of a conference this afternoon, looked at this site. Right now, indications are not promising. Hope FM has some rabbits up his sleeve. If he loses both Larson and Fuller, it is going to take a Herculean effort.

Fran is taking over the program in the Big Ten that might be in the secon worst shape right now and in as bad of shape as most of the programs in BCS conferences around the nation. They were not going to make an NCAA tourney next year.

If they lose Fuller that puts them behind the 8-ball for two years down the line

The bad news is it looks like we're losing players. The good news is this didn't just cripple our big ten title hopes. As Jon said, we weren't going to set the world on fire next year. Also, it is much easier to turn things around in basketball. There are still some solid jucos out there. Let's grab a couple and start working on the class of 2011.

The bi-polar personalities of some people on this board are amazing. I am also disappointed but this is not completely unexpected.

The bi-polar personalities of some people on this board are amazing. I am also disappointed but this is not completely unexpected.

So you knew Larson would ask out of his LOI and Fuller would leave? How about powerball numbers for Saturday, can ya help us with those as well?

So you knew Larson would ask out of his LOI and Fuller would leave? How about powerball numbers for Saturday, can ya help us with those as well?

Nice try, but he's not going to just blurt those out on the board...hopefully he's PMing them to me right now...:D

The rumors of Fuller leaving have been floating around for some time. You havent heard any of them?

This makes Fran's job almost impossible. I mean this is really bad. Attendance is going to be terrible again next year because you couple this news with Barta deciding not to lower ticket prices and you are going to have worse attendance than you had this year. Fuller leaving and Gatens not getting along with any of the freshman makes this an absolute train wreck.

This makes Fran's job almost impossible. I mean this is really bad. Attendance is going to be terrible again next year because you couple this news with Barta deciding not to lower ticket prices and you are going to have worse attendance than you had this year. Fuller leaving and Gatens not getting along with any of the freshman makes this an absolute train wreck.

Attendance will not be worse. People will come out and be more supportive based solely on a new coach and a more exciting style of play. Gatens doesnt get along with the freshman? How do you know that?

Bipolar suggests that fans are doing a 180 on Fran or something....not true.
Doing at least a 90 degree turn on the chances of making any tourny this year.
As I have said, the dream scenario is to retain everyone but maybe Archie or Brommer, then add a good juco pg and the big Siena recruit.
Then go out and win early with a soft non-conference schedule to garner fan support and impress 2011 and 2012 recruits...then hang on during conference season enought to make a tourny of some ilk, creating further momentum for that big 2012 class that will be signing in Nov of 2011.

That dream scenario has been blown up a bit today,so it dampens our chances of early momentum,unless Fran can pull some good recruits outta nowhere or is a frigging genius.

Without Larson and Fuller, this is gonna be a much tough slog to respectability which is necessary to sell fans and recruits on the Fran program.

Not saying it is a lost cause. If FM pulls a couple of gems out of his pocket, it will be an indication of better things to come. Actually, it is a good scenario for us to see what FM is made of.

If he was able to keep Larson and Fuller, he could have been accused of winning with Lick's roster. No way that happens now. It is ALL on him.

Some things are just out of FM's control. Should be be no reflection on his ability to still bring a good bunch of kids together. Program is still on the up and up as far as I'm concerned.

Some things are just out of FM's control. Should be be no reflection on his ability to still bring a good bunch of kids together. Program is still on the up and up as far as I'm concerned.

Nice optimism. However, it can't be based on anything but hope. At this point, things are not on the up. There are going in the opposite direction. Again, this doesn't mean things will keep going in this direction, but there is just no current evidence to the contrary.

Time to see what FM is made of.

I would agree...FM is up to bat and the fastballs are coming fast and on the inside of the plate...can he hit the ball or better yet hit it out of the park...I sure hope he does not decide to bunt or strike out!

Latest posts