E.C. Matthews

HawkeyeDaniel

visiting this weekend

Nate Schmidt ‏@NSchmidtA2
EC Matthews 2013 G Romulus HS (MI) will be taking an official visit to Iowa this weekend... #Big10

visiting this weekend

Nate Schmidt ‏@NSchmidtA2
EC Matthews 2013 G Romulus HS (MI) will be taking an official visit to Iowa this weekend... #Big10

Great news! However, I have been noticing his ESPN grade going steadily down over the summer- 86 to 84 to now 82. I'm wondering if it may be because he hasn't proven that great a shooter. He could be a nice replacement for May = his athleticism with Marble's handle.

Great news! However, I have been noticing his ESPN grade going steadily down over the summer- 86 to 84 to now 82. I'm wondering if it may be because he hasn't proven that great a shooter. He could be a nice replacement for May = his athleticism with Marble's handle.

I have noticed his free fall on Rivals as well, he was a 4* SG, but is now listed as a 4* PG. Maybe the positional change is something from high school, but I would guess he will be a wing if he comes to Iowa. Also, he is still ranked in the top 150 on Rivals (92), so if he were to come to Iowa I can't be upset because he would be another top 150 player Fran is able to secure.

A multi-positional player, who could play the PG spot. They say he is coachable, plays with great length & has an attacking style. PerrFect. Sounds like he is right up our alley. A baller that has Fran's kind of game.

LOL....I love that we have reached the point where fans on here complain about the chance of getting a 4* player. Was it just 3 years ago we would have been drooling over this kid?

I personally want Jok, but I think his ceiling is so high, just not sure if he'll ever get to it, but right now is the time for Fran to take a chance with his 1 scholly. It could pay off huge.

LOL....I love that we have reached the point where fans on here complain about the chance of getting a 4* player. Was it just 3 years ago we would have been drooling over this kid?

I'd love to get Matthews but I also realize he has limitations. Price and Jok are definitely better shooters. So, I'm seeing plusses in all three gets and not just a must-get-Matthews mentality.

Don't worry, we will be bitchin about not getting 22+ wins a year soon, too. ;)

I'd love to get Matthews but I also realize he has limitations. Price and Jok are definitely better shooters. So, I'm seeing plusses in all three gets and not just a must-get-Matthews mentality.

I found Price's stats online once, and he was a pretty poor shooter. I know there is a quote from his high school or AAU coach talking about his shooting, but it didn't play out during his high school season.

Maybe he was hurt, or maybe his team was garbage and he forced a ton of shots, there are reasons why a good shooter would shoot a low percentage, but regardless, I don't know if fans can say for sure that Price is a shooter.

To me, it has kind of become almost EC or bust... and by bust I just mean bank the scholarship.

I really like this kid. I think he may be the missing ingredient, offensively. Defensively, who knows. A total attack dog off the dribble. Reminds me almost of like a hybrid Manu-Jamal Crawford. He has deceptive, almost effectively awkward cuts and movements. Fantastic body control. If he can come in and dog opposing ballhandlers he'd be perfect.

I wouldn't be concerned with his athleticism. I just think he glides around so smoothly he makes his drives and finishes look effortless. I think he is certainly athletic enough for Big 10 basketball.

I would be happy with either Matthews or Jok. Both bring needed skills on offense. Matthews might be more of a slasher that we need. Jok is a very good shooter,which is so important in todays bb.

If Fran can get a commit from Matthews...fantastic.

I would be happy with either Matthews or Jok. Both bring needed skills on offense. Matthews might be more of a slasher that we need. Jok is a very good shooter,which is so important in todays bb.

If Fran can get a commit from Matthews...fantastic.

Yep. Far be it from me to complain about any commitment from a 4* recruit. Good ballplayers - let's get as many as we can into Hawkeye jerseys.

I would be happy with either Matthews or Jok. Both bring needed skills on offense. Matthews might be more of a slasher that we need. Jok is a very good shooter,which is so important in todays bb. If Fran can get a commit from Matthews...fantastic.

Don't you mean Frantastic?

I was asked on Twitter a few months back who I thought would be the player Iowa got in this class. EC was my choice. Hope it happens. Would be a fantastic pickup for the staff.

I was asked on Twitter a few months back who I thought would be the player Iowa got in this class. EC was my choice. Hope it happens. Would be a fantastic pickup for the staff.

Spank, I hope you are right and if Iowa does snag EC then I hope he breaks out of the Romulus High mold of players like Ron Coleman and Jarrett Smith and is a productive player.

Kids on the outskirts of Detroit scare me more than Detroit kids...look at how Guy Rucker turned out...:eek:

I believe this is Matthew's first official visit. He has a slew of nice schools pursuing him. Love to have this kid, but I think it's a longshot. I guess I should never say never when it comes to Coach McCaffery's persistence.

Latest posts