During Cocktail Hour...

I was contemplating what our home basketball record would be if those damn old blue hairs would put down their knitting, stand up, and cheer. And, quit yelling at the fans who stand up!

They are the ones with the money. There is also something about pain in some circumstances. You know very well that some "blues" are wrong, but often the standers are being obnoxious too. Betch the average age of college sports fans has risen dramatically over the decades. The snowflake generation generally isn't interested.

They are the ones with the money. There is also something about pain in some circumstances. You know very well that some "blues" are wrong, but often the standers are being obnoxious too. Betch the average age of college sports fans has risen dramatically over the decades. The snowflake generation generally isn't interested.

Yep the snowflakes if that is what you want to call them are texting, playing minecraft, Zelda etc, and other online stuff. If they were not into athletics from 6-18 years old they might not watch any football. But sometimes when you go to college the game can become your Saturday party for football, etc.

Yep the snowflakes if that is what you want to call them are texting, playing minecraft, Zelda etc, and other online stuff. If they were not into athletics from 6-18 years old they might not watch any football. But sometimes when you go to college the game can become your Saturday party for football, etc.

Biggest downfall of local exposure. Network broadcast of games. Young aren't going to subscribe to Big Network. Would bet the demographics would be shocking.

I was contemplating what our home basketball record would be if those damn old blue hairs would put down their knitting, stand up, and cheer. And, quit yelling at the fans who stand up!
Did you enjoy your cotton candy martini?:cool:

cotton-candy-martini.jpg

My Dad used to share tickets with a prof. They were mid court about 10 rows up. I got them rarely. I admit that when I was about 19 I got the tickets to the Indiana game. I sold them to a friends Indiana fans for $100.

I preferred money back then. That was a lot of beer money.

tenor.gif

Hey Betty, as soon as the boys get done playing out on the court, we should head over to my husband George's bridge game. That sounds delightful Gretchen..a real hoot, but I sure do wish that these confounded stairs were not so steep here at Carver. My doctor told me they are not good for my hip replacement surgery. Oh tell me about it Betty and those goddamn kids behind us with all of their shouting and yelling. Can't they just sit down and enjoy a fine game and leave us alone in peace? I concur Gretchen.

Last edited:
Spot on. I'm not a fan of Izzo or MSU but they do it right with the student section the first 8-10 rows right behind both benches. Watch it this Tuesday and tell me that does not create a significant home court advantage every time. No reason we should not be doing the same thing.

You’re still dumb for yelling at people to sit down.

Joe Fredrick was on the All Hawkeye podcast again and the Carver atmosphere came up. He said it doesn't compare to places like Louisville, Cincinnati, and Xavier. He said the marketing department really needs to do a better job of creating a better environment because a hostile crowd is a huge advantage and right now Carver "is actually kinda dull". Joe is really good on the podcast. It would be nice if he became a regular for the next few years.

Joe Fredrick was on the All Hawkeye podcast again and the Carver atmosphere came up. He said it doesn't compare to places like Louisville, Cincinnati, and Xavier. He said the marketing department really needs to do a better job of creating a better environment because a hostile crowd is a huge advantage and right now Carver "is actually kinda dull". Joe is really good on the podcast. It would be nice if he became a regular for the next few years.

I've always called Carver "The Morgue".

tenor.gif

Hey Betty, as soon as the boys get done playing out on the court, we should head over to my husband George's bridge game. That sounds delightful Gretchen..a real hoot, but I sure do wish that these confounded stairs were not so steep here at Carver. My doctor told me they are not good for my hip replacement surgery. Oh tell me about it Betty and those goddamn kids behind us with all of their shouting and yelling. Can't they just sit down and enjoy a fine game and leave us alone in peace? I concur Gretchen.

Are you going to judge me if I tell you I'd kind of like to see them make out a little bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts