Dukie V ranks IOWA HAWKEYE #24 in preseason poll

Well he lost a year of eligibility and had to sit out at the school he transferred to, so yes according to the NCAA he was probably considered a hawkeye.

So Fran didn't recruit and sign him? The fact that he was shown the door is irrelevant.

He lost eligibility only because he had a bad attorney, or none at all. Brust was in the same boat, signed a LOI, was "supposed" to lose a season of eligibilty but he appeals it and gets to play right away. Brust was every bit as much a Hawkeye (if not more so) as he was committed much longer than Hubbard was. So if you are gonna say Hubbard was a Hawk, then I guess Brust was too???

He lost eligibility only because he had a bad attorney, or none at all. Brust was in the same boat, signed a LOI, was "supposed" to lose a season of eligibilty but he appeals it and gets to play right away. Brust was every bit as much a Hawkeye (if not more so) as he was committed much longer than Hubbard was. So if you are gonna say Hubbard was a Hawk, then I guess Brust was too???

Burst was never enrolled in classes. That is the difference, and it's obvious. I can't believe you're digging in on this one.

Burst was never enrolled in classes. That is the difference, and it's obvious. I can't believe you're digging in on this one.

The only stretch is saying that Hubbard was a Hawkeye, when he never had one practice, one meeting or one game played as a Haekeye. Dude showed up for 2 days In Iowa City 3 or 4 months before practice was ever gonna start.

Anyone who gives it back to ISU fans on that site are banned, plain and simple. At no time did I ever do anything other than respond to idiots coming at me, calling me out, and attacking me (including mods). All I ever did was make fun of those who were constantly attacking me. I mean the one dude claiming he'd rather be 1-4 than 4-1, so I make fun of that.....what else can you do when people are that freaking dumb???

Be honest Dean, if you had to choose only one site that you could post on which one would you choose? Cyfan? Or HN?

Be honest Dean, if you had to choose only one site that you could post on which one would you choose? Cyfan? Or HN?

To be perfectly honest, I'd like to post where you don't. Where might that be? I know for a fact you post a ton on CF, are you on HR, Scout, 247 as well?

ISU lost significantly less point production than it did the prior 2 years.

Yes, but the leadership qualities of Ejim will be sorely missed. Also, Kane's ball-handling ability will be missed as he had the ball in his hands about 80% of the time when he was on the floor. Ejim has been the leader of the team for the past three years - not in points and rebounds, but in ways that don't show up in the box score. There's a lot more to basketball than scoring. Points can come from anywhere. Leadership and good ball handling decisions are not as easily replaced.

Yes, but the leadership qualities of Ejim will be sorely missed. Also, Kane's ball-handling ability will be missed as he had the ball in his hands about 80% of the time when he was on the floor. Ejim has been the leader of the team for the past three years - not in points and rebounds, but in ways that don't show up in the box score. There's a lot more to basketball than scoring. Points can come from anywhere. Leadership and good ball handling decisions are not as easily replaced.

I think ISU will have a very good team again this year. I don't know if they will be 3 seed good again, but they should be a quality team.

Frustration from the clown show that is the ’14 ISU football season is starting to boil over. Must go over to HN and take it out on Dickie V’s preseason polls!!

Ejim and Kane will be missed no doubt, but don't underestimate ISU's leaders this year in Niang and Long. Also, I think Morris was a better ball handler than Kane. Kane just had that end of game "killer instinct" which I think will be missed the most of anything.

Ejim and Kane will be missed no doubt, but don't underestimate ISU's leaders this year in Niang and Long. Also, I think Morris was a better ball handler than Kane. Kane just had that end of game "killer instinct" which I think will be missed the most of anything.

This is the biggest thing that separated Iowa and ISU. ISU won virtually every close game, and you might see that level out a bit as they lose 2 really good end of game players. No idea what to expect from BDJ and co., just doubtful they can get to the rim when everyone knows its coming like Ejim and Kane could.

This is the biggest thing that separated Iowa and ISU. ISU won virtually every close game, and you might see that level out a bit as they lose 2 really good end of game players. No idea what to expect from BDJ and co., just doubtful they can get to the rim when everyone knows its coming like Ejim and Kane could.

That's the benefit of being a 25 year old playing college basketball.

Other than that whole shooting the ball in to the hoop thing well and playing even serviceable team defense.

you could have easily said that last year as well. We lost Clyburn, McGee, Lucious, Sotty "thug 4 Lyfe"

I met Dickie V today. Age is really catching up to him.

I asked him to sign my jersey. He declined. :(

Last edited:
Do people still have a problem with the transfer thing or think ISU fans should be insulted by it? Fred's high school recruiting is clearly to target elite prospects in high school and then get jucos and transfers as fallbacks.

Oh, heck, no. I just wish we could get in on one or two of Freddie's transfer leftovers.

It's a valid point. I don't expect them to have as good of an overall record as they did last year this season. Last year was special.

I would however argue that Niang was just as much of the closer as either of those two guys. He basically won the BYU and Michigan games and was absolutely instrumental in some others.

It's a valid point. I don't expect them to have as good of an overall record as they did last year this season. Last year was special.

I would however argue that Niang was just as much of the closer as either of those two guys. He basically won the BYU and Michigan games and was absolutely instrumental in some others.

Yeah I’m just curious to see how he performs as the guy. Last year Ejim/Kane drew opponents' best defenders.

Other than that whole shooting the ball in to the hoop thing well and playing even serviceable team defense.

Per usual, Clic was embarrassingly incorrect. Par for the course as Clown fans like Clic have very little basketball knowledge. In stark contrast, great point by Benddontbreak.

ISU allowed 74.4 PPG
Iowa allowed 70.3 PPG

Iowa allowed 41.5 FG%
ISU allowed 42% FG%

Iowa allowed 10.9 offensive RPG
ISU allowed 11.2 offensive RPG

Iowa allowed 31.7 3pt %
ISU allowed 34.1 3 pt %

Iowa allowed .99 points per possession
ISU allowed 1.02 points per possession

In almost every imaginable defensive statistic Iowa as just slightly better than ISU.

ISU was 11-2 in games decided by 2 possessions or fewer, or that went to OT.
Iowa was 2-9 in games decided by 2 possessions or fewer, or that went to OT.

Can ISU possibly be that good again this year, and can Iowa possibly be that bad again?

Latest posts