Drop Iowa State for good

There's a difference even if you're too dumb to see it. This thread is making fun of Cyclone stupidity and jealousy. The threads on CyFan... They just scream inferiority complex, jealousy, and obsession. This thread is making fun of that. I realize you're confused but it isn't that difficult.

That...in itself is illustrative of the difference between clones and Hawkeyes... Ames and Iowa City... ISU and IOWA.

The development of high-tech orthopedic prosthesis, ground-breaking research on pediatric diseases, a world-class law school, the writer's workshop, several cutting edge education tracks ...and 26 programs ranked in the Top 25 Nationally according to US News ...

vs animal husbandry and college-level home-ec.

Or...to put it in my daughter's words as she attended one semester at each school, trying to find her path. "Wow...the classes are so much easier at ISU, Dad."

If we quit playing them, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to root for them. When they win and you have to hear about it for an entire year (especially when they're a 2 win team and have no reason to brag at all) it's hard to not hate them.

No idea why I did this but I made a account once to wish Iowa State good luck two years ago in the NCAA's. Obviously I had Hawks in my user name and was very respectful to them. Out of the 20 responses 3 were thankful ones and wished the Hawks luck as well, the rest were just angry Cyclone fans who foamed at the mouth when they saw a Hawk fan on their site.

That fan base seriously has some issues. I know all fan bases have idiots but I can 100% that one is the worst I've ever encountered and I live in eastern Iowa as a Vikings fan close to Bears and Packers fans.

Last edited:

Latest posts