Drew Tate with solid Season Debut in Calgary

Newspaper story in Canada has these stats: Drew Tate completed 27-of-37 passes for 317 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions.

Hoping the best for Drew, he was a great hawk to watch and you could tell he really wanted to win. Looks like Calgary is my new/first CFL team.

Vinny Testaverde would be proud of those stats.

Sometimes with D Tate you just have to live with the picks and hope they don't cost you.

However as an unfrozen caveman lawyer your concept of football frightens and confuses me. I see the men tackling each other and think they must be trying to preserve the hunt from the attackers, so I want to get in there with a spear and protect my meat for the winter. But then someone tells me its just football and I don't understand that because I am just a simple caveman and I do not know these things, but I do know one thing and that is my client is not guilty. Thank you

(great avatar herkuleez!)

Call me completely ignorant to the cfl, but is it a pass happy league? Compared to the rest of the league is that a solid stat line(minus the ints)?

Call me completely ignorant to the cfl, but is it a pass happy league? Compared to the rest of the league is that a solid stat line(minus the ints)?

Yes, Pass Happy

The field is wider. They use 12 men. THe end zone is about twice as deep although they do still have the goal post in the middle of the endzone. Motion is allowed for wid receivers before the snap.

Yes, Pass Happy The field is wider. They use 12 men. THe end zone is about twice as deep although they do still have the goal post in the middle of the endzone. Motion is allowed for wid receivers before the snap.

Thanks 'awty'. And thanks ankle for the record. I didnt know that. I love me some tate.

Yes, Pass Happy

The field is wider. They use 12 men. THe end zone is about twice as deep although they do still have the goal post in the middle of the endzone. Motion is allowed for wid receivers before the snap.

The field is also 110 yards long, and teams only get 3 downs to go 10 yards. The result is a VERY pass happy league.

Made the front page of their site too... still has the left hand in that same position.

tate.jpg

I always hoped Mitch King would go the CFL route. His size seems to be more appropriate for the Canadian game. I realize his dream was to play in the NFL and he probably makes more money on an NFL practice team than he would as a CFL starter. He strikes me as someone who loves to play and the CFL seems realistic.

I find it amazing a guy like Noel Divine is in the CFL. He was a stud in HS, was pretty damn good at WV. I know he is undersized, but man, he's a terrific RB. Just goes to show you how tough it is to make it in the NFL as a RB.

Which shows the difference between "has issues" vs. "has issues with a TON of talent".

DJK fits the former, Noel Devine the latter.

NOT that DJK lacks talent, but for position/pedigree/"past"/upside, Devine has what it takes to "stick" somewhere, DJK (apparently) does not.

Latest posts