Drew Tate says he would accept…….

Wish he'd have gotten the QB gig 2 yrs ago instead of going to UNI like he did. My guess KF isn't crazy about bringing him on for whatever reasons. Because having him as QB coach these last two yrs woulda made a million times more sense then handing that hat over to Brian...

This makes way too much sense to happen. KF/KOK clashed a bit with Tate during his time at QB. Tate was not as much of a sycophant as KF prefers from his QB. Too many really good questions were asked about why things were done the way they were done.
This.

KF is not interested in bringing people in he can't reign in too easy. He's obsessed with conformity and Tate may be just a bit to the left of that to be comfortable.

This.

KF is not interested in bringing people in he can't reign in too easy. He's obsessed with conformity and Tate may be just a bit to the left of that to be comfortable.
Yup KF is all about having yes men under him. Tate as a player was far from that. But he is the son of a long time great HS coach in Texas. I think he'd be a phenomenal QB coach.

I would accept either party's nomination for President. Oh wait, that's actually the job I would hate more than any other!!

He has 5+ years of coaching QBs, WRs, and TEs in college and Canadian Pro. Before that, he had a very long career as a QB in Canada. His resume would certainly warrant consideration as a QB coach at this level. He has the appropriate pedigree. Based upon the way that he played and was a leader at Iowa, I would bet on him being a good coach. But again, he has opinions and questions, so he is not a KF guy.

He has 5+ years of coaching QBs, WRs, and TEs in college and Canadian Pro. Before that, he had a very long career as a QB in Canada. His resume would certainly warrant consideration as a QB coach at this level. He has the appropriate pedigree. Based upon the way that he played and was a leader at Iowa, I would bet on him being a good coach. But again, he has opinions and questions, so he is not a KF guy.
Totally. It's not about his resume or qualifications at all. It's just a personality fit with KF. That's it that's all.

Correct. Some people get blinders on with this chit.

This has nothing to do with his playing ability. He grew up a coaches kid in the game of football. He knows what he's doing.

Sadly, he would be way to modern and progressive for the offensive style KF wants to play.

I've written in several posts and will write it again. The entire offensive mess is squarely on KF's shoulders. He should not have hired his son as the OC to begin with, didn't evaluate him properly last off season and forced the interim AD to make the decision to let BF go after this year.

So when we see KF getting emotional, whether it be with tears, the words he speaks or the tone of his voice, he needs to look in the mirror.

Again, this offensive debacle for the past few years is his own making with his hires and refusal to adapt to today's game of football.

I mean, do we really want Drew Tate?
Dude's clock management skills are sus.

I mean, that one game where they were down by 1 inside their own 50, with just seconds left and they didn't get the first down and they wound the clock. They gotta call a time out. There's nine seconds left and Drew Tate doesn't know that.

I mean, do we really want Drew Tate?
Dude's clock management skills are sus.

I mean, that one game where they were down by 1 inside their own 50, with just seconds left and they didn't get the first down and they wound the clock. They gotta call a time out. There's nine seconds left and Drew Tate doesn't know that.
That will always be my favorite part of that play. The emotional turn around in just seconds from oh shit they are going to blow it, to oh my god I can't believe that just happened! Well that and the never-ending smile on Warren Halloway's face after the play. What a way to finish your career. I still smile myself every time I think about.

The QB coach job is likely Petras's to lose if he doesn't get the Offensive Coordinator position instead. Maybe even if he does. Who else exemplifies the type of offense Kirk wants to run right now. Don't tell me you haven't already seen his influence on this year's team as an offensive assistant. Teaching Cade to be less mobile than in the past and now mentoring Deacon on the QB statue style of play.

He's got it in the bag.

That will always be my favorite part of that play. The emotional turn around in just seconds from oh shit they are going to blow it, to oh my god I can't believe that just happened! Well that and the never-ending smile on Warren Halloway's face after the play. What a way to finish your career. I still smile myself every time I think about.

For years, my wife and I would often use Seinfeld quotes in regular life. Still do a few. But now, it's basically stuff from the Office or Elf. You know, whenever some situation arises where it's fitting. Like if one of the kids get mad...either my wife or I will drop a "He's an angry elf."

But, when someone's bewildered or lost and in a hurry, it will be "The game's going to end on this play [sic] and ____________ doesn't know that."

I have a copy of a photo of the opposing team’s fans when Warren catches the pass for a TD. Never have I seen horror on display like that shot. Classic.
I was at that game. best memory ever!

Latest posts