Draft

That reunites Luka and Tyler Cook for the time being.

Luka and Joe will get their shot...and that's all one could ask.

Reunites them or competing for roster spots?

They are likely battling for the 10th, 11th and 12th roster spot on the Piston team.

They are likely battling for the 10th, 11th and 12th roster spot on the Piston team.
Spot on. The key words to my post were "for the time being"

I don't know if NBA teams have hard twelve man rosters anymore however. You look at box scores and there's frequently 13 to 15 names listed.

First thing I thought too... They had 3 draft picks and since Cook was kinda their end of the bench guy he might be the odd man out. Hard telling NBA teams can have a boat load of turnover year to year. Sure would be nice for em to play together for awhile.

There's a pretty good chance Detroit hit on all 3 of their picks. That'd be good for them to have a young core to build up with and follow going forward.

The Spurs seem like they may be trending the other direction. Popovich probably won't be coaching much longer. San Antonio is a great place to land though as far as a city to live in. I bet he'll love that part.

The NBA sure didn't do itself any favors with how they did their draft. Maybe start it sooner or do the 2nd round the next night. It was like after midnight eastern when Garza got picked I think. With 2 rounds & only 60 picks compared to how the NFL has 7 rounds they should try and get as many eye balls to watch it all as possible and having it stretch that late at night I don't think did either themselves as a league any favors or the players sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear their names called. Most folks are finding out reading about it this morning I bet.

Granted competing with the Olympics couldn't have helped them in the ratings department at all so it is what it is there I suppose. But still the players and their families shouldn't have had to wait so dang late to hear their names called but that's just me

The NBA does a lot of things wrong regarding TV. Its why its domestic viewership is plummeting. Baseball too.

I understand football is a different animal, but the NFL universe revolves around making sure every decision maximizes eyeballs watching their product year round.

The NBA does a lot of things wrong regarding TV. Its why its domestic viewership is plummeting. Baseball too.

I understand football is a different animal, but the NFL universe revolves around making sure every decision maximizes eyeballs watching their product year round.
Like having an NBA season last until mid July and the World Series not over until November I check out. Even if the Twins were to be back in it I'd still prefer MLB to be done by October at the latest.

It was also ridiculous to still announce the draft picks as if they were really being drafted by the team announced. It seemed like half the time ESPN was already announcing the pick was traded but the NBA continued to pretend the original team was drafting the player. I know it has something to do with the trades not being official yet, but they really should change that. It looks foolish and made the Knicks fans in attendance look even more foolish than usual. They had no clue the player they were supposedly drafting was already traded somewhere else.

Like having an NBA season last until mid July and the World Series not over until November I check out. Even if the Twins were to be back in it I'd still prefer MLB to be done by October at the latest.
I wouldn't mind the NBA ending in mid July if it started at Christmas. In fact I've proposed that before. Too much of the NBA season overlaps the NFL. If you had playoffs start around Memorial Day and end in mid to late July they would have much of the summer pretty much to themselves, and would finish up in time to not mess with the NFL or with the most meaningful part of the MLB season.

I do believe JoeW is going to be just fine

No Doubt

He is still developing his game, and the Sky is the Limit

JoeW can play D

That is a Fact, Jack

Luka is going to be just fine

He will certainly put points on the scoreboard, and that is perhaps the bottom line in the NBA

In the NBA they cannot dedicate 2 players to stop Luka from scoring

He will certainly score more points than he will allow

Luka will draw defensive attention when he starts nailing threes and subsequently open the paint inside for his teammates to score

He might be a Tim Duncan/Dirk Novitsky hybrid

Simply Idle Speculation from a mind bordering on boredom

It Will All Be Good

Well Tyler didn't last long
Nope kinda saw that coming. But damn I just figured they'd have waited to let em play through summer league first and get another look at everyone that they had before having to make any cuts. I'm not sure how NBA roster rules work with having drafted 4 guys at what point do they have to have those spots open. I dunno but that sucks for Cook but that can be Garzas welcome to the NBA moment for sure. It's a business now. Gotta make yourself uncuttable. Hopefully Cook can latch on somewhere and have a good summer league showing.

Latest posts