Draft by SEC schools

Look bud, facts are facts. Iowa is 3-1 against the SEC under Ferentz. Therefore Iowa > SEC. Argument over.

False. Huge False for you today sir. Iowa is 3-1 against SEC's #3-#5 teams in bowl games since 2003. Therefore Iowa > SEC #3 through #5 best teams in bowl games.

Your logic would have Iowa State > Iowa during the Ferentz era because they're 6-5 vs Feretnz. We all know that would be an idiotic statement. Along the same idiotic lines as say Iowa > SEC.

False. Huge False for you today sir. Iowa is 3-1 against SEC's #3-#5 teams in bowl games since 2003. Therefore Iowa > SEC #3 through #5 best teams in bowl games.

Your logic would have Iowa State > Iowa during the Ferentz era because they're 6-5 vs Feretnz. We all know that would be an idiotic statement. Along the same idiotic lines as say Iowa > SEC.

Trying to make up stats to back up your argument. That's a fail. Please tell me which year out of Ferentz's 12 year tenure that Iowa did not play Iowa State? He is 6-6 against ISU, since head to head is a tie, look at overall win percentage. Iowa easily wins there, therefore Iowa > ISU. My formula works again.

Trying to make up stats to back up your argument. That's a fail. Please tell me which year out of Ferentz's 12 year tenure that Iowa did not play Iowa State? He is 6-6 against ISU, since head to head is a tie, look at overall win percentage. Iowa easily wins there, therefore Iowa > ISU. My formula works again.

Wait 6-6 and automatically gets Iowa > than ISU? How does that work? If it's 6-6 then according to your logic Iowa = Iowa State.

Should we do an Iowa vs. NW comparison and see how those numbers look?

Look, as much as I hate to laud praises toward the SEC, do remember that while we did have one more Iowa player drafted than Alabama, 4 of their five players taken were first round picks.

Look bud, facts are facts. Iowa is 3-1 against the SEC under Ferentz. Therefore Iowa > SEC. Argument over.

So does this mean that Western Michigan is better than Iowa? They're 2-0 against Iowa under Kirk.

How about NW? Fitz is 4-1 against Kirk.

I don't read incomprehensible statements. This thread has matured through it's democratic process, and I think you can easily see which party the masses have sided with. Case closed.

You're so cute when you act like you know college football, tell me again how Rich Rod will dominate the B10 please?

I don't read incomprehensible statements. This thread has matured through it's democratic process, and I think you can easily see which party the masses have sided with. Case closed.

3163r5y_Irony-s500x375-13932-580.jpg

You're clearly wrong. Kaldenberg says so.

Shada first of all, if I said **** didn't taste good, you'd say it does.

Secondly, where did I ever contend with ArizonaHawkeye88 quote which you've listed.

Someone challenged the quality of Iowa's draftees vs the SEC's and then ArizonaHawkeye88 rebuttled with "Ferentz is 3-1 vs the SEC - bring on all challengers" trying to use Iowa's record vs the SEC as an argument that Iowa > SEC as a whole... which is absolute garbage, just like trying to say getting 6 drafted is superior to Alabama's 4. The SEC had 7 players drafter in the first 15 overall picks. The Big 10... one player.

That is the issue at hand here and that is where I challenged ArizonaHawkeye88.

Shada first of all, if I said **** didn't taste good, you'd say it does.

Secondly, where did I ever contend with ArizonaHawkeye88 quote which you've listed.

Someone challenged the quality of Iowa's draftees vs the SEC's and then ArizonaHawkeye88 rebuttled with "Ferentz is 3-1 vs the SEC - bring on all challengers" trying to use Iowa's record vs the SEC as an argument that Iowa > SEC as a whole... which is absolute garbage, just like trying to say getting 6 drafted is superior to Alabama's 4. The SEC had 7 players drafter in the first 15 overall picks. The Big 10... one player.

That is the issue at hand here and that is where I challenged ArizonaHawkeye88.

I think this whole thread is a tongue-in-cheek response to the thread you started the other night about less than 1/2 of the first 15 picks going to SEC schools. You were asked repeatedly what the **** your point was, but you didn't respond.

As far as your first statement goes - now pay attention here - if you were to say that, it would be the first thing you've ever written on this board that anyone agrees with.

I think this whole thread is a tongue-in-cheek response to the thread you started the other night about less than 1/2 of the first 15 picks going to SEC schools. You were asked repeatedly what the **** your point was, but you didn't respond.

As far as your first statement goes - now pay attention here - if you were to say that, it would be the first thing you've ever written on this board that anyone agrees with.

There's plenty of people within in this thread alone that disprove your last sentence of a statement.

Secondly, if the whole point of this thread is a tongue in cheek response to 7 of the first 15 picks in the draft going to the SEC then it's a pretty weak tongue in cheek response.

Ferentz is 6-6 vs Iowa State, 6-2 over the last 8 games.

There's plenty of people within in this thread alone that disprove your last sentence of a statement.

Secondly, if the whole point of this thread is a tongue in cheek response to 7 of the first 15 picks in the draft going to the SEC then it's a pretty weak tongue in cheek response.

It may be weak, but you took the bait.

Maybe the "19 of first 19 players taken in the draft played college football" thread is more your speed.

Ferentz is 6-6 vs Iowa State, 6-2 over the last 8 games.

5-6... 6-6.. same point. .500 vs a team that is clearly not on the same playing field as Iowa. An example of how head-to-head record over a select time period is not a clear indicator of which school is superior.

Ferentz is 1-5 in the last 6 vs Northwestern.

Iowa is 3-1 vs SEC does not mean that the Big 10 is as good as the SEC or that Iowa sending 6 to the NFL is some sort of indicator that Iowa is just as good as the best teams in the SEC or that if Iowa was in the SEC they'd have the same success as they have had in the Big 10.

Iowa success in the SEC < Big 10.

Latest posts