Draft by SEC schools

When SEC teams play Iowa, who wins 75% of the time? That's right, Iowa. No better way to decide who's better than by head to head results.

Look, no one is disputing that Iowa OWNS the Outback Bowl, the Gator Bowl, or whatever toliet bowl you guys have been beating up on 4th and 5th place SEC team in. That's great. You guys should be proud to cling to your consolation prizes the same way that the kid with scoliosis clings to his participation ribbon for the President's fitness test. It's kind of cute, you know the same way you guys brag about all of your 5th round draft picks. I know Iowa, and I know Iowans are desperate to get whatever they can get.

Just stop bragging about it like you accomplished something, because you haven't.

And as long as we are throwing percentages around; From which conference does 54% of BCS championship winners come from? From what conference does 8% of BCS championships come from?

Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg

False. Huge False for you today sir. Iowa is 3-1 against SEC's #3-#5 teams in bowl games since 2003. Therefore Iowa > SEC #3 through #5 best teams in bowl games.

Your logic would have Iowa State > Iowa during the Ferentz era because they're 6-5 vs Feretnz. We all know that would be an idiotic statement. Along the same idiotic lines as say Iowa > SEC.

Thanks I'll take your logic...........over the last 10 years Iowa has proven they can beat and in a few cases DOMINATE the 3rd or 4th best SEC team (incidentally there are EIGHT more SEC teams below said 3 & 4) Therefore by proxy they are an upper echelon SEC team and also by proxy capable of beating the top 2 SEC teams on any given Saturday. After all LSU’s last NC team lost 2 games to 7-5 Kentucky and 7-5 Arkansas who got absolutely shelled by Mizzou in a bowl game. NC Florida lost to 9-4 Ole Miss, get what I’m laying down…

See that’s an easy game to play and I am shocked how short-sighted and closed minded most debaters are.

Iowa over the last 10 years have proven to be a very, very good team and they have the 14th most NFL alumni as a result. Since we have had multiple top tier teams lose to teams with losing records over the last several years, let alone only a handful of undefeated NC-champs. It’s not hard to see that nothing is guaranteed and to suggest Iowa couldn’t or wouldn’t compete at the top level of the SEC shows 2 things……

One is either a rival fan incapable of critical thinking or…..

A bitter Iowa fan incapable of seeing how blessed we have been.

Chad

Look, no one is disputing that Iowa OWNS the Outback Bowl, the Gator Bowl, or whatever toliet bowl you guys have been beating up on 4th and 5th place SEC team in. That's great. You guys should be proud to cling to your consolation prizes the same way that the kid with scoliosis clings to his participation ribbon for the President's fitness test. It's kind of cute, you know the same way you guys brag about all of your 5th round draft picks. I know Iowa, and I know Iowans are desperate to get whatever they can get.

Just stop bragging about it like you accomplished something, because you haven't.

And as long as we are throwing percentages around; From which conference does 54% of BCS championship winners come from? From what conference does 8% of BCS championships come from?

I already ran this down in another post and you ignored it so I'll do it again here......Start any argument with an SEC fan he’ll wax poetic about how they dominate the bowls…ALL BOWLS. They’ll also tell you about how much they dominate the Big 10 in ALL games.

SHOW them that in actuality the Big 10 is only about one or two games below .500 vs them in the last 10 years and they CHANGE the rules, period end of story. It’s what they do….mostly because they didn’t know and when they find out they get away as fast as they can.

Furthermore the SEC spin machine waxes poetic about ALL their bowl wins on a regular basis so THEY care for sure. Only those looking to pooh-pooh the truth don’t care.

Anything else…….

Chad

Last edited:
There's plenty of people within in this thread alone that disprove your last sentence of a statement.

Secondly, if the whole point of this thread is a tongue in cheek response to 7 of the first 15 picks in the draft going to the SEC then it's a pretty weak tongue in cheek response.

Honestly THE best way to figure out how much talent you are producing is by NFL alumni. Not draft picks, not wins and losses but by how many players you currently have on 53 man rosters, period!

Iowa is one of the best and they are in EVERY game. They have a chance vs anyone, sadly they have a chance to lose to anyone also. Much like most the rest of the world Oregon 15 Cal 13 anyone…..

This is a dumb, dumb convo and its sad we have a supposed Iowa fan pooh-poohing our team when the reality is we have a good one. One that can compete with anyone….

Let’s just look at Auburn last year……

27-24 vs 6-7 Clemson

37-34 vs 6-7 Kentucky

28-27 vs 10-3 Bama…

Any given day they could have lost any or all three of those games.....I have no issue admitting the SEC is the best and on an Epic run. All the same they are the beneficiary of some very fortunate rankings and a lot of good fortune period.

Chad

Last edited:
I already ran this down in another post and you ignored it so I'll do it again here......Start any argument with an SEC fan he’ll wax poetic about how they dominate the bowls…ALL BOWLS. They’ll also tell you about how much they dominate the Big 10 in ALL games.

SHOW them that in actuality the Big 10 is only about one or two games below .500 vs them in the last 10 years and they CHANGE the rules, period end of story. It’s what they do….mostly because they didn’t know and when they find out they get away as fast as they can.

Furthermore the SEC spin machine waxes poetic about ALL their bowl wins on a regular basis so THEY care for sure. Only those looking to pooh-pooh the truth don’t care.

Anything else…….

Chad

The SEC spin machine has produced 5 STRAIGHT BCS TITLES, 7 BCS TITLES OVERALL, 7-0 RECORD IN BCS TITLE GAMES, 5 DIFFERENT BCS CHAMPIONS. It's a dominance on par with Jordan in the 1990's or Tiger Woods in the early 2000's.

No matter how many spin cycles you want to put your pathetic argument through... your argument still comes out with "pooh-pooh" stains all over it.

The SEC spin machine has produced 5 STRAIGHT BCS TITLES, 7 BCS TITLES OVERALL, 7-0 RECORD IN BCS TITLE GAMES, 5 DIFFERENT BCS CHAMPIONS. It's a dominance on par with Jordan in the 1990's or Tiger Woods in the early 2000's.

No matter how many spin cycles you want to put your pathetic argument through... your argument still comes out with "pooh-pooh" stains all over it.

Whoooaaaaa pump the brakes old pal.......never my argument, period. Its is a very impressive resume no doubt, but it's also a beauty contest as well. Utah crushed a 1 loss Bama and for me it will always be them taking the best advantage possible of a flawed system, set up for them to succeed.

Now if you have anything to add to the argument at hand Ill listen.

Chad

Whoooaaaaa pump the brakes old pal.......never my argument, period. Its is a very impressive resume no doubt, but it's also a beauty contest as well. Utah crushed a 1 loss Bama and for me it will always be them taking the best advantage possible of a flawed system, set up for them to succeed.

Now if you have anything to add to the argument at hand Ill listen.

Chad

Don't argue with the K-Man. He thinks that the stock market being up last week was a sign that Bin Ladin was killed long before yesterday. Never mind what the President said last night.

Would have to agree with lots of posts on here with all this talent and we cannot beat N-western or some other team on our schedule we should be better.

Would have to agree with lots of posts on here with all this talent and we cannot beat N-western or some other team on our schedule we should be better.

Understandable but all the same, Florida shouldn’t have lost 5 games last year, Texas shouldn’t have lost 7 and quite frankly Tenn shouldn’t be in the midst of the pain they’ve been in for the last several years….it is what it is! Nothing makes sense in the college football world anymore…..lot of teams out there with more NFL talent on them than Oregon’s yet there they were…..next year it will be someone else.

I’m not to upset with the best 10 year period in Iowa history or all the pub about draft picks and talent. I’d say we are doing pretty good actually.

Chad

Last edited:

Anything else…….

Chad

The thing is, no one remembers who won the Gaylord Bowl. No one remembers who wins the Motor City Bowl. I am sure the Big 10 does a great job beating up on pathetic MAC and CUSA teams because you guys have about 8 bowl teams a year. You can brag about your .500 bowl record, but just know that no one cares about your bowls.

However, EVERYONE remembers the SEC wins the BCS bowls, and the Big 10 almost never wins. I will give you Iowa fans props for beating GT a while back, but that has proven to be a one year aborration rather than a trend.

The thing is, no one remembers who won the Gaylord Bowl. No one remembers who wins the Motor City Bowl. I am sure the Big 10 does a great job beating up on pathetic MAC and CUSA teams because you guys have about 8 bowl teams a year. You can brag about your .500 bowl record, but just know that no one cares about your bowls.

However, EVERYONE remembers the SEC wins the BCS bowls, and the Big 10 almost never wins. I will give you Iowa fans props for beating GT a while back, but that has proven to be a one year aborration rather than a trend.

Honestly friend you don't know anything........

Chad

Honestly friend you don't know anything........

Chad

I think you're confused. History doesn't remember the 4th place team. History doesn't remember the nice guy who had one pretty good year on a pretty good team.

Asking me to remember who wins the Outback Bowl and who Fred Russle is is like asking me to name all of the vice presidents or state birds. I can name all of the presidents and state capitols, because they're important (much like I remember who wins BCS games)

I think you're confused. History doesn't remember the 4th place team. History doesn't remember the nice guy who had one pretty good year on a pretty good team.

Asking me to remember who wins the Outback Bowl and who Fred Russle is is like asking me to name all of the vice presidents or state birds. I can name all of the presidents and state capitols, because they're important (much like I remember who wins BCS games)

no you cant

You can't even spell 'capitals' and you expect us to think you can name them all? You are hilarious.

You're really proving his point. Sure, people only really remember the big bowls. There's no denying that. But when SEC fans claim to dominate their ALL of their bowls, and ALL of their bowls against the Big Ten, they shift to the argument that you just made. While what you're saying here is true, it is what SEC fans do: change the rules when their blind assumption is proven wrong.

You're really proving his point. Sure, people only really remember the big bowls. There's no denying that. But when SEC fans claim to dominate their ALL of their bowls, and ALL of their bowls against the Big Ten, they shift to the argument that you just made. While what you're saying here is true, it is what SEC fans do: change the rules when their blind assumption is proven wrong.

For one, I don't think I have ever claimed that the SEC wins ALL of their bowls. That's just a stupid assertion to make.

Second, the fallacy in your argument (besdies the strawman it's built on) is the belief that all bowl wins are equal. They are not. You can claim that the two conferences have a similar bowl record, but at least in my head, I am weighting certain bowls over others. The fact that the SEC has been dominating in BCS games, The NCG, and the Cotton Bowl gives us more weight over your continued dominace of bowls no one cares about like the Outback Bowl or the Alamo Bowl.

For one, I don't think I have ever claimed that the SEC wins ALL of their bowls. That's just a stupid assertion to make.

Second, the fallacy in your argument (besdies the strawman it's built on) is the belief that all bowl wins are equal. They are not. You can claim that the two conferences have a similar bowl record, but at least in my head, I am weighting certain bowls over others. The fact that the SEC has been dominating in BCS games, The NCG, and the Cotton Bowl gives us more weight over your continued dominace of bowls no one cares about like the Outback Bowl or the Alamo Bowl.

It is YOUR straw arguement not ours.....carry on you are arguing against yourself.

Chad

By the by the Clayborn pick helped get your Bucs a good draft grade it seems.

Latest posts