Down the 2021 Stretch - No 1st Rnd Bye for MI

For the last and final time. We lost a game at Minnesota we should have won.

But we won a game at Rutgers we should have lost.

There, its even. The Minnesota game was nearly two months ago and people still can't exorcize it from their conscience. I guarantee you the players have moved on.

I get what you’re saying but allow me to cry in my beer a little. I’m not old enough to remember the last time Iowa won a Big Ten regular season title and I’m getting friggin old. This was the best shot Iowa has had in a long time and it got pissed away by a missed free throw and 2 losses to a team Iowa had no business losing too.

Having said that, yeah, need to move on and all and I have no doubt the players have. My fingers are crossed that this team can still accomplish something special.

Last edited:
It's big ten basketball. Very few teams escape stinging losses. I hope people who keep bringing up Minnesota or the two Indiana losses are simply pointing them out for factuality sake and not letting it impede their ability to enjoy a season that may not come around again for a while.
I agree, was just pointing out that the close loss at Minnesota and the close win against Rutgers weren't anywhere near the same, luck factor wise.

I ran that Big Ten tournament simulator so many times, Iowa is pretty much either going to be the 4th or 5th seed. There are scenarios that exist for them to be as high as a 2 but it's not likely.

Those 2 losses to Indiana.....just need ONE free throw at Minnesota.....
or just play alittle defense in that game yeah ill go with that one. one missed free throw did not cost us that game. Not when you give up 102

I get what you’re saying but allow me to cry in my beer a little. I’m not old enough to remember the last time Iowa won a Big Ten regular season title and I’m getting friggin old. This was the best shot Iowa has had in a long time and it got pissed away by a missed free throw and 2 losses to a team Iowa had no business losing too.

Having said that, yeah, need to move on and all and I have no doubt the players have. My fingers are crossed that this team can still accomplish something special.
This is where I'm at too. Enjoying the hell out of the season and completely bummed about those close losses at the same time. That Minnesota game went from worrying about covering the spread to "holy shit we lost" in a minute. We lost a once in a lifetime chance over a once every 5 years or so lost lead. At the time CJ walked to the line to shoot 3 free throws up 6 points, we probably lose that game from there once every 500 times played. Especially with a team that has Bohannon on it to close it out. Such an unfortunate loss to happen in a year like this.

or just play alittle defense in that game yeah ill go with that one. one missed free throw did not cost us that game. Not when you give up 102
In fairness to the defense in that game, they scored like 25 points or some ridiculous number in the last minute of regulation and overtime where everything they threw up went in. When you're up 7 with under a minute and miss 4 free throws to go to ot, it was the free throws that got you.

If I have us win out in the bracket generator and change nothing else, it puts us in a 3 way tie for 2nd and the 3 seed. Also we would have to beat Rutgers to get to Saturday which is about best case scenario if you ask me. Then also it would be Ohio State on our side which I think is the easiest of the 3 teams. Last good thing is we would be the night game which would be really nice.

If I have us win out in the bracket generator and change nothing else, it puts us in a 3 way tie for 2nd and the 3 seed. Also we would have to beat Rutgers to get to Saturday which is about best case scenario if you ask me. Then also it would be Ohio State on our side which I think is the easiest of the 3 teams. Last good thing is we would be the night game which would be really nice.
Just getting the double bye from a rest standpoint is important. The more rest you can get CJ and Garza the better.

I'd say that about does it for winning the big 10. Now hopefully Michigan wins out except for us so fans don't have to feel bad about not winning the conference. Tough to only lose 2 games.

Latest posts