Don't understand the love affair with Forbes

It would be GREAT to see top talent coming in from competing Big 10 areas -- We haven't been the beneficiary of a great steal from out of state for a while

It would be GREAT to see top talent coming in from competing Big 10 areas -- We haven't been the beneficiary of a great steal from out of state for a while

It would be nice to recruit somebody who doesn't think of a "ball return" as the side of a barn.

OK, for you Forbes doubters, how does this sit with you? Iowa hires some mid-major head coach that takes us further in the hole. The clowns put up with Mac one more year and then fire him. They hire a great assistant coach that wants to be in the state of Iowa again (Forbes) and he proceeds to take over the state of Iowa in basketball and kicks our butt every year. Can you live with that???

Hire Forbes NOW!!!

Answer for DesMoinesHawkeye.

If Forbes can bring the kind of talent to Iowa City that Frank Martin brings to KSU, maybe that would explain the love for Forbes.

No offense to any fan, but everyone in the basketball business knows that Forbes is a heavy hitter.

And he was a very successful head coach at a "less than powerhouse" Juco....

As for recruiting as a head coach.... Forbes would be just as involved as he is as an assistant. You only get so many days on the road and Forbes would be out every day he's allotted, just like he is now.

I've known Forbes for a while now and I'm a huge fan....even as he coaches against "my team". It's impossible not to respect and admire what he's accomplished. I think the average fan doesn't get to see these types of things, as the assistants rarely get the glory.

mm

So THAT'S your modus operandi. You are trying to get Forbes out of the SEC to help your Kentucky Wildcats.

DesMoinesHawk is exactly right. If Barta hired Forbes and he had no ties to Iowa, we would be calling for his head.

This is a case of "feel good". He makes Hawk fans "feel good" because he actually has publicly stated he likes us. It's no different than when you wanted to date the hot chick in school, but she wasn't interested. Now, you're feeling good about the ugly girl because she is interested in you. Then, you spend the next number of weeks trying to justify the qualities the ugly chick has that makes her a better catch than the hot chick. When in reality, she just doesn't look as good. That's the case with this Forbes nonsense.

Exactly 2boys!

Exactly 2boys!

Except I don't care where he's from and I don't think that is the draw. It's that his sole claim to college basketball fame is that he is a perported insanely talented recruiter. Everyone is itching for talent. Everyone is sick of the mid-major wannabes on this team and with the perported insane recruiting talent he has I would have to say that Forbes would NOT be chasing a bunch of in-state half talents and mid-major should be's.

OK, for you Forbes doubters, how does this sit with you? Iowa hires some mid-major head coach that takes us further in the hole. The clowns put up with Mac one more year and then fire him. They hire a great assistant coach that wants to be in the state of Iowa again (Forbes) and he proceeds to take over the state of Iowa in basketball and kicks our butt every year. Can you live with that???

Hire Forbes NOW!!!

That's some really sound logic. How about this Iowa hires a mid major coach who turns Iowa around and wins two national titles and Forbes goes to ISU and never gets the Cyclones out of last place in the Big 12? Can you live with that? See I can make up imaginary scenarios too. I don't think Forbes is a bad fall back option but he's not a guaranteed success by any means, he's a gamble like almost any coach we hire will be.

Latest posts