Don’t look now TCU up big on Mich. early.

Bowl games are a relic of the past. They need to be scraped in their present form. In reality, all bowl games (well some bowls just need to be eliminated and we need to settle on x amount of teams eligible) need to be converted to the playoffs. Adding more playoff teams is a step in the right direction, but the whole thing needs to go that way.

1st or 2nd round play off games could be played at the higher seeded opponents home fields.

The final games can be played at historical sites like the Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach, etc.

The system has to get passed outdated traditions.

Two more exciting games you couldn't find, that's why they will continue to expand the playoffs over and over until it's like basketball.

The opt outs and transfers causing teams to bring 50-60 scholarship players to a bowl game has caused this. I realize your favorite team won one of these bowl games and you need it to matter so you’ve talked yourself into it but to the college football world they don’t mean a thing. I hate what it has become and I appreciate and respect the players that play w their team. It is the system that has made these bowl games what they have become.
Sadly, you just don’t get it.

Ohio State got screwed by the zebra

Who was standing right next to the Georgia coach

And let a split second TO be called

My son says the FG attempt was tipped anyway

My thoughts.

1) I'm glad Michigan got jobbed by the refs. Those chuds get almost every call in Big Ten play and the 4th down conversion they got that allowed them to beat Illinois was a blatant offensive PI that went uncalled. So to me that is just football karma coming back to them.

2) Iowa's back seven is elite. We took a big shot from OSU and yeah, I know we gave up like 54 points, but we kept them in check when they were trying a lot of crap on us (remember they even went for it on fourth down late in the fourth quarter with a commanding lead). I think we only got beat deep twice against them and our defense was on the field the whole damned game. Phil Parker is the best coach in college football.

3) How much pain in the anus do Texas and Texas A&M fans have right now? TCU was relegated out of big boy football when the SWC imploded. They got invited back into the Big 8 when the conference lost Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and A&M and have only been back in P5 for about 10 years. And here they are, playing for the natty. Texas and A&M have probably lit a billion dollars on fire chasing coaches, facilities improvements and NIL the past 10 years and they both suck. It has to feel awful for them.

I can’t get out of my head how close we were to a Michigan/Ohio State rematch for the championship. Really close.
Tcu ran Michigan off the field and I imagine bama would have taken down ohio st. You really don’t comprehend how incredibly far down the totem pole iowa is to any of these teams…do you?

My thoughts.

1) I'm glad Michigan got jobbed by the refs. Those chuds get almost every call in Big Ten play and the 4th down conversion they got that allowed them to beat Illinois was a blatant offensive PI that went uncalled. So to me that is just football karma coming back to them.

2) Iowa's back seven is elite. We took a big shot from OSU and yeah, I know we gave up like 54 points, but we kept them in check when they were trying a lot of crap on us (remember they even went for it on fourth down late in the fourth quarter with a commanding lead). I think we only got beat deep twice against them and our defense was on the field the whole damned game. Phil Parker is the best coach in college football.

3) How much pain in the anus do Texas and Texas A&M fans have right now? TCU was relegated out of big boy football when the SWC imploded. They got invited back into the Big 8 when the conference lost Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and A&M and have only been back in P5 for about 10 years. And here they are, playing for the natty. Texas and A&M have probably lit a billion dollars on fire chasing coaches, facilities improvements and NIL the past 10 years and they both suck. It has to feel awful for them.
Because the O is so bad, we really don't know how good the D is. Teams don't need to take risks against Iowa. On Sat, Moss for example was either gimpy or just not that quick as he got beat several times but K didn't have the QB to take advantage of it. I love watching Moss, but he didn't have elite speed/Quick Saturday.

Last edited:
Tcu ran Michigan off the field and I imagine bama would have taken down ohio st. You really don’t comprehend how incredibly far down the totem pole iowa is to any of these teams…do you?
You need to get a new trolling rig. Your little Joe spinner and a night crawler aren’t working.

Latest posts