Don't Dismiss the Les Jepsen Talk

As I write this, the BJ Armstrong thread has 12,488 views, and this one has 1,167. Ok, there is about 11x more interest in BJ, understandably. But consider this: if you assume there are approximately 1 billion Iowa Hawkeye fans (+/- 998mm), and 500 million of those would be excited about BJ... that would mean FORTY-FIVE MILLION FANS are excited about Les Jepsen as Iowa's next coach.

Food for thought, isn't it?

As I write this, the BJ Armstrong thread has 12,488 views, and this one has 1,167. Ok, there is about 10x more interest in BJ, understandably. But consider this: if you assume there are approximately 1 billion Iowa Hawkeye fans (+/- 998mm), and 500 million of those would be excited about BJ... that would mean FIFTY MILLION FANS are excited about Les Jepsen as Iowa's next coach.

Food for thought, isn't it?

way to keep this thread on the front page. personally i would rather have les jepsen tha bj armstrong.

He's tall. He's from Dakota. A well-placed source with longstanding ties to Bowbells athletics asked Les about potential interest in "the job" at Iowa and Les responded "You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me!"
lj.jpg

And the hits from Billso just keep on coming. :D

I must admit to laughing pretty hard at some of these posts.

Based off of some of the previous posters opinions, I think a really cool staff to see roaming the sidelines would consist of:

Les Jespen
Acie Earl
Antonio Ramos
Erek Hanson
Greg Helmers
Special Assistant: Troy Skinner

We could call the staff "The towers of power & mighty mouse"

Would be cool to look at on the sidelines.

I must admit to laughing pretty hard at some of these posts.

Based off of some of the previous posters opinions, I think a really cool staff to see roaming the sidelines would consist of:

Les Jespen
Acie Earl
Antonio Ramos
Erek Hanson
Greg Helmers
Special Assistant: Troy Skinner

We could call the staff "The towers of power & mighty mouse"

Would be cool to look at on the sidelines.

Insert John Lickliter for Troy Skinner and you have a winner here.

Here's a question that nobody has addressed yet (I don't think): with pops getting canned, does lil Lick remain a Hawkeye?!?

Depends on what kind of offers he gets from other schools. I mean, he should have gotten more playing time, I think we only saw a small portion of what he was actually capable of.

It's not even fair though the "BJ" thread had an instant eye catcher in the topic...people would open that just in some twisted hope that it "was what they were thinking it was"...

Persistence, my moustached friend, persistence will rule the day.

not a 7 footer but perhaps the biggest waste of schollie in the history of iowa basketball.......marcello gomez.

Also depends on whether Les chooses to retain him.

10 years from now when Les is run out of town for only winning 1 or 2 tourney games a year do you think there may be a groundswell of support to bring Little Lick in as coach due to his Iowa ties??

Part of me wants to see Little Lick stay around just to see what happens to him. Does he get any mop up duty in blowouts? Does he ever see the court again if he still on the team? He shouldn't but it would be a fun expirament (Sp?). Does the crowd boo him? Or cheer for him extrordinarily loud? What happens to Little Johnny, suffice to say that there is no possible way to keep him around.
Also Troy Skinner is a Work Comp attorney in Des Moines, seems to make pretty good coin. He would likely be working his way up to take Barta's job, after Barta's next coaching hire goes to hell in a handbasket.

Latest posts