Dolphin get's a two game suspension

He wasn’t ripping Dailey. He was ripping the fact Pitt had 3 guards in year 1 of their coach and Fran has to resort to Dailey handling the ball a lot when he shouldn’t be.

we have a dysfunctional athletic dept, created by Barta. We also have a school President who came here as a business man. There were many employees at Iowa who did not want him hired. The fact that he didn't fire Barta after he lost the 6 million dollar law suit just proves that he is an idiot. I think our President, AD and head football coach have created their own little worlds inside the athletic dept and they know that no one can touch them and we are stuck with them.

Yeah, because we should leave it to employees to choose a university president o_O

My response to Fran and Gary in regards to Dolphs words....."Truth hurts, doesn't it?!?!?"

Like it or not, what Dolph did was wrong, your hatred for KF being irrelevant.

That said, Learfield and the U of I Athletic Department bungled it miserably. The "tension-over-the-years" comment is nearly (IMO) unforgivable.

That said, Learfield and the U of I Athletic Department bungled it miserably. The "tension-over-the-years" comment is nearly (IMO) unforgivable.
I don't hate Kirk, He has done great things at Iowa, but things have been very stale under him since 2010.

Dolph is a true hawk, been covering some bad basketball for years, maybe someone should listen to him. Fran in being a butt hurt pussy. Should have been a non issue.

Such prisses. Bill Walton would totally roast Fran and his recruiting, and get applauded for telling the truth in his own pot-addled way.

But this is Iowa nice, where mediocre to poor performance is enough to get one a handsome raise.

Last edited:
Its all pretty stupid. The reason Pittsburgh has an easier time recruiting basketball players than Iowa is the same reason Raveling had an easier time recruiting basketball players to Iowa than McCaffery, Davis, and Olson.

Such prisses. Bill Walton would totally roast Fran and his recruiting, and get applauded for telling the truth in his own pot-addled way.

But this is Iowa nice, where mediocre to poor performance is enough to get one a handsome raise.
Yep, pretty much a classic case of cultural relativism on a college athletics level.

I agree with you on Dolphin and the tension comment was ignorant.

Here is what bothers me. The comment about the recruiting, does Dolphin realize that Capel has been proven to be a cheater? Does he also realize that Capel being from Duke is most likely going to get some good players right away? By the way the highest ranked freshman on the floor coming out of high school is playing for Iowa. If he doesn't realize those things then he shouldn't comment. It will not surprise me if Pitt ends up with an NCAA investigation at some point.

The other thing that actually ticks me off more at this point is what the hell more do you want? Iowa was not getting blown out, they are ranked in the top 15, Iowa has been playing legit defense. Is Iowa a Top 15 team at the end of the year, continue to play defense and they can be.

I read and read on here all about how Fran sucks, can't recruit, he is entitled, can't this, can't that. I guess not being around Iowa City, I don't see all those things. Changes have been made and it still seems to not be enough. Please cite some things that back up why these views are taken. Do I agree with everything that Fran has done or happy with his entire tenure, no.

Now, should he have been suspended, probably not, but if there are undertones we don't know then maybe it was warranted.

Sadly, it sounds like the liberal PC world of "safe spaces" and being overly offended by life itself has hit the campus of the University of Iowa. To suspend a loyal 20 year employee for making an obvious observation off the record (one that not a single hawk fan disagrees with) is a complete joke.

Brian Ferentz, who is paid 6 x more than Dolphin, and is an actual coach and role model representing the University, went on a press box tirade last year, screaming expletives and punching walls during the Minnesota game. He embarrassed the hell out of the University with his meathead behavior. Was he suspended? Nah. Dad simply told him "knock it off," Barta rubber stamped it, and everyone moved on as if nothing had happened.

Meanwhile Dolphin heaven forbid wondered allowed why Fran can't simply recruit a serviceable point guard over guys like Maishe Daily, whose next best scholarship offers were basketball powerhouses Eastern Michigan and Bryant.

Jesus. Give it a rest, you preening rightwing jackass.

This is about Franny being a whiny pissant hypocrite. If anyone needs to apologize for embarrassing the U with repeated displays of lack of self control, it's him. Take that and stuff it up your safe space.

I don't think anything happened to the person who forgot to turn off the mic. I remember when something similar happened to Marty Tirrell several years ago, the guy that didn't turn the mic off was fired.

Marty Tirrell is a shady, self-righteous douchebag. Buddy of mine once told me a rather hilarious yarn about how Tirrell tried to recruit him into a sketchy business scam. It's just like him to get someone else fired for his douchebaggy lack of self control. What a dick. Justice is served, I suppose, because the programming on KXNO kicks his ass on a regular basis in the DSM Nielsen radio ratings.

I agree with you on Dolphin and the tension comment was ignorant.

Here is what bothers me. The comment about the recruiting, does Dolphin realize that Capel has been proven to be a cheater? Does he also realize that Capel being from Duke is most likely going to get some good players right away? By the way the highest ranked freshman on the floor coming out of high school is playing for Iowa. If he doesn't realize those things then he shouldn't comment. It will not surprise me if Pitt ends up with an NCAA investigation at some point.

The other thing that actually ticks me off more at this point is what the hell more do you want? Iowa was not getting blown out, they are ranked in the top 15, Iowa has been playing legit defense. Is Iowa a Top 15 team at the end of the year, continue to play defense and they can be.

I read and read on here all about how Fran sucks, can't recruit, he is entitled, can't this, can't that. I guess not being around Iowa City, I don't see all those things. Changes have been made and it still seems to not be enough. Please cite some things that back up why these views are taken. Do I agree with everything that Fran has done or happy with his entire tenure, no.

Now, should he have been suspended, probably not, but if there are undertones we don't know then maybe it was warranted.

I think it's cuz we've never had a legit PG under Fran who could break down a defense.

It's like KF and wide receivers, except worse.

Latest posts