Doesn't sound like Seantrel will visit Iowa

Henderson isn't the deal breaker for this recruiting season. Donnell will be fine at tackle. Who cares where he goes. If he doesn't like Iowa so be it. We will not bat an eye at making one of our recruits a superstar in three years.

Taking an official visit is more than attending a basketball game. You get to tour the facilities, you're hosted by a player, talk to coaches, etc. I'd say that if Seantrel was serious about any place, he'd take an official visit. You can't just decide to commit to a school when you don't have enough info about it, especially if you're the #1 recruit in the nation and a blue chip LT. USC, Fl, OSU, Miami, ND official visits.
QUOTE]

He has toured campus, met players, visited all the facilities already. I can promise you he is WELL informed about Iowa City. If I lived in Minne I would use up my last visit somewhere south to beach go and then get down to business after that. And by business I mean gathering his Black and Gold attire.

Dude isn't even starting at Miami. Would have been a wasted scholarship.

Have you actually been following his college career?? How are all the other recruits we missed on doing?

The only one I know about is Melvin Gordon cuz we play against him this week.

He is a perfect example of a kid that got bad advice from a parent. On the other hand, Miami is ranked in the top 10, I believe.

Imagine, if he commited that year and Cy Kuondjio (sp?) commited the next year... Those two would be the LT and RT and that would allow us to keep Scherff and Van Sloten as the guards.

I know, I know ... If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas."

Imagine, if he commited that year and Cy Kuondjio (sp?) commited the next year... Those two would be the LT and RT and that would allow us to keep Scherff and Van Sloten as the guards.

I know, I know ... If "ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas."

And we'd still have Greg Davis calling the plays so we'd still be 5-3. Seantrel ain't starting at Miami as an upperclassman so I don't know that he would be starting at Iowa. CyKo looks okay and would prolly be a nice to have, but certainly not a need to have. I was more or less just pointing out that we don't need Piershbacher (sp).

And we'd still have Greg Davis calling the plays so we'd still be 5-3. Seantrel ain't starting at Miami as an upperclassman so I don't know that he would be starting at Iowa. CyKo looks okay and would prolly be a nice to have, but certainly not a need to have. I was more or less just pointing out that we don't need Piershbacher (sp).

He didn't start last week because he was suspended, and possibly not this week, because of the message the coach is trying to send, but I think he has been the starter at RT for the better part of the last 3+ years down there. Not 100% sure about that... but the time he missed as a Jr, was because he was recovering form a car accident. I am pretty sure he was a 1st Team Freshman All-American.

He didn't start last week because he was suspended, and possibly not this week, because of the message the coach is trying to send, but I think he has been the starter at RT for the better part of the last 3+ years down there. Not 100% sure about that... but the time he missed as a Jr, was because he was recovering form a car accident. I am pretty sure he was a 1st Team Freshman All-American.

Okay, great. Getting in trouble that warrants a week suspension and the dreaded "relegated to not starting" status at the U is stuff that would get you locked up for 9 months in Iowa.

I agree with your premise that it would have been a wasted scholarship and I am glad he is not on the Hawkeye team. Guys like that are poison/cancer to a team.

Someday he'll look back and be honest with himself and realize that he flushed out of the NFL, not because he didn't have the talent and skills, but purely had the wrong attitude. Imagine a body like that with a Mitch King attitude? Boggles the mind.

I agree with your premise that it would have been a wasted scholarship and I am glad he is not on the Hawkeye team. Guys like that are poison/cancer to a team.

Someday he'll look back and be honest with himself and realize that he flushed out of the NFL, not because he didn't have the talent and skills, but purely had the wrong attitude. Imagine a body like that with a Mitch King attitude? Boggles the mind.

And 4 years with Chris Doyle. Goodness. If the guy so much as laid a finger on another human he would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon because he would be such a beast.

Latest posts