Does this Iowa roster have any NBA talent?

I remember a guy. 6'8 and 230 lbs. No outside shot. couldn't jump real high. Wasn't the best finisher around the rim even as his post moves were limited. He could rebound though. Reggie Evans was his name and he is still on an NBA roster, even though he's only averaged 4.1 ppg over his career. I never thought of him as being a can't miss NBA prospect. What's the point of that? A lot of players have long NBA careers that don't dominate games. There are only 5 guys on the floor at any one time yet there are 14 players on an active roster.

I remember a guy. 6'8 and 230 lbs. No outside shot. couldn't jump real high. Wasn't the best finisher around the rim even as his post moves were limited. He could rebound though. Reggie Evans was his name and he is still on an NBA roster, even though he's only averaged 4.1 ppg over his career. I never thought of him as being a can't miss NBA prospect. What's the point of that? A lot of players have long NBA careers that don't dominate games. There are only 5 guys on the floor at any one time yet there are 14 players on an active roster.

Most people assumed RE would play in the nba. He was an all american and one of the best rebounders to ever play in college.

Iowa currently has no one even remotely close to a Reggie Evans.

Evans was can't miss the guy does a skill better than pretty much anyone else ever...rebound. That is why people make it in the league if you can do 1 thing (ie rebound or shoot the 3) better than everyone else you can last a long time. Reggie Evans is minute for minute one of the best rebounders possibly ever to play in the nba. Kyle Korver lacks athleticism and defensive ability but he made it and was can't miss because of 1 skill. Our players aren't that way. Most do a few to a lot of things ok to good, but none are exceptional at 1 skill.

Evidently I am not the only one who has forgot what NBA talent looks like in a Hawkeye uniform.

images
]
RickyDavis.jpg
20121130_lbm_sd9_037.0_standard_352.0.jpg
ryan_bowen_cant_believe_it_4.jpg
bullard.jpg

EDIT: Errrm. That's what hawkeye talent in an NBA uniform looks like anyway.

Last edited:
White really does have to give up the dream of being a three. With his long arms and activity around the hoop, he could be a force with about 20 more pounds of muscle.

White really does have to give up the dream of being a three. With his long arms and activity around the hoop, he could be a force with about 20 more pounds of muscle.

I would love to see Fran give up the dream of White being a three as well. He should only get minutes there if him, Gabe and Woody are all on the court together.

Give me Marble, Gesell, Uthoff, White and Woody to start the game.

I don't see white adding 25-30 pounds of muscle (to get to the 245 he'd need to be in the nba) without some serious pharmacological help

the nba's ped testing is non-existent, due to the farcical idea that designed t, hgh, and epo wouldn't help a professional basketball player. wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a good chunk of players getting a little endocrine system boost.

but i don't think aaron would even be in a position to do that. rich man's dope. not for the d leaguer.

I think he is going by their time spent at Iowa. Evans was drafted before Reiner so Reiner is the last Hawkeye that has saw action in the NBA.

I think it's a question of what "has seen" means:

denotative: every former hawkeye has recently watched an nba game. fantastic! even lil lick has seen some nba action!

connotative: "has seen" = "has participated in": jared reiner would be the most recent rookie, although evans is the only active player.

I think it's a question of what "has seen" means:

denotative: every former hawkeye has recently watched an nba game. fantastic! even lil lick has seen some nba action!

connotative: "has seen" = "has participated in": jared reiner would be the most recent rookie, although evans is the only active player.

Ok....feel better after this rambling post?

1) it is not rambling. rather, it is a quite direct and succinct clarification of two levels of meaning.

2) it is unfortunate that the present perfect tense can cause difficulty, especially in the use of the proper conjugation of "to be," and the use of the proper participle.

1) it is not rambling. rather, it is a quite direct and succinct clarification of two levels of meaning.

2) it is unfortunate that the present perfect tense can cause difficulty, especially in the use of the proper conjugation of "to be," and the use of the proper participle.

Yeah yeah yeah, its a you thing apparently because everybody who reads the post will understand what it meant.

Dont be so obtuse.

Latest posts