Does the NIL doom Iowa to mediocrity

The NIL and the portal will destroy college sports.
I agree 100%. Once the common fan figures out exactly how all of this works, they'll checkout and move on to something else. I cared a whole lot less when I found out how the NIL actually works. And the portal needs to be closed once a player has already used it.

The NIL and the portal will destroy college sports.
It's changing it. It's certainly doing that. If it's destroying it or not is in the eye of the beholder. What it's doing is pushing forward that eventually they'll all become employees of the schools. The NCAA will fall by the wayside as they just have little to no power. The big conferences will eventually do their own things. How fast all this happens will be interesting but it's all changing that's for sure

Lol.

Then you're only allowed to change employers once. See how that works?
As in go back to having to sit out a year if you want to transfer again. It's not really a problem if a player needs to do it once, or if there's a coaching change, but it's ridiculous if they want it available every year. Sorry that I had to clarify my opinion and it wasn't obvious.

It's changing it. It's certainly doing that. If it's destroying it or not is in the eye of the beholder. What it's doing is pushing forward that eventually they'll all become employees of the schools. The NCAA will fall by the wayside as they just have little to no power. The big conferences will eventually do their own things. How fast all this happens will be interesting but it's all changing that's for sure
Moving toward just two major conferences. It certainly will change Iowa's attendance issues. There will be none, because people will tire of getting shit pounded by some school with 30 4 and 5 star players.

As in go back to having to sit out a year if you want to transfer again. It's not really a problem if a player needs to do it once, or if there's a coaching change, but it's ridiculous if they want it available every year. Sorry that I had to clarify my opinion and it wasn't obvious.
Ok then, if you want to switch jobs, you have to not work for a year and then explain your employment gap to the next prospective employer.

See how this makes no sense?

Moving toward just two major conferences. It certainly will change Iowa's attendance issues. There will be none, because people will tire of getting shit pounded by some school with 30 4 and 5 star players.
I'm not getting tix this year.

I live 5 1/2 hours away and it's worth the long drive every weekend to see the most boring offense in the country. I still kept my tailgate spot and my kid and I will catch a couple games when it's convenient, but it's not worth the hassle of killing an entire weekend and spending $400-500 when all is said and done between tickets, motel, gas, and food. If I had a bunch of disposable income and a free plane ride maybe.

I'm not getting tix this year.

I live 5 1/2 hours away and it's worth the long drive every weekend to see the most boring offense in the country. I still kept my tailgate spot and my kid and I will catch a couple games when it's convenient, but it's not worth the hassle of killing an entire weekend and spending $400-500 when all is said and done between tickets, motel, gas, and food. If I had a bunch of disposable income and a free plane ride maybe.
An 11 hour drive isn't realistically doable. That is too far. There are enough people in central and eastern Iowa within a two hour drive. Getting very expensive with the cost of fuel and food.

Think of what it would be like if we weren't a 10 win team?

An 11 hour drive isn't realistically doable. That is too far.
I did it for 4 years straight and never missed a home game except for ISU (I don't go to that one). For sure 3, and possibly 4 times we drove down and back in the same day. After the last couple years it isn't worth it anymore.

Wow, I admire your stamina. I hate long drives. IC and Omaha are the farthest I'm willing to drive, and only under special circumstances.