Does the Big Ten really need a Conference Championship Game?

You posted it at noon Utah time, how friggin long does it take her to get ready for dinner?

For her it was dinner. She is a registered nurse and works the graveyard shift. Old habits die hard also. My family in Iowa referred to what most call lunch as dinner and the second evening meal we referred to as supper. That may be a Catholic tradition……….. I don’t know.

For her it was dinner. She is a registered nurse and works the graveyard shift. Old habits die hard also. My family in Iowa referred to what most call lunch as dinner and the second evening meal we referred to as supper. That may be a Catholic tradition……….. I don’t know.
Unless the supper is a formal supper where you get dressed up, then you call that dinner. Only Iowans get that.....

Unless the supper is a formal supper where you get dressed up, then you call that dinner. Only Iowans get that.....
I call the morning meal breakfast, midday meal lunch, and evening meal supper. "Dinner" was never in my vernacular. My mom was born and raised in Jackson, MS though, so there are a lot of Southern things that got implanted on me and that was one of them. An affinity for sweet tea was not, btw. Hate the stuff.

I call the morning meal breakfast, midday meal lunch, and evening meal supper. "Dinner" was never in my vernacular. My mom was born and raised in Jackson, MS though, so there are a lot of Southern things that got implanted on me and that was one of them. An affinity for sweet tea was not, btw. Hate the stuff.

Having lived in the Atlanta area for nearly twenty years I can tell you that sweet tea was sold everywhere. It’s as natural in Georgia to drink the stuff as it is for people to breath oxygen. People in the south go gah gah for the stuff. It’s very common to see a huge pot of it sitting next to most soda machines in the restaurant’s. A lot of the Protestant churches offer it along with coffee out in their lobbies for people to freely drink during church attendance. I don’t drink the stuff myself.

Same...for us, lunch was a meal we ate between 3-4pm. I would say snack, but it was usually about 500 kcal. Those bales aren't gonna stack themselves in the barn.

Having lived in the Atlanta area for nearly twenty years I can tell you that sweet tea was sold everywhere. It’s as natural in Georgia to drink the stuff as it is for people to breath oxygen. People in the south go gah gah for the stuff. It’s very common to see a huge pot of it sitting next to most soda machines in the restaurant’s. A lot of the Protestant churches offer it along with coffee out in their lobbies for people to freely drink during church attendance. I don’t drink the stuff myself.
I love regular black tea, but sweet tea is essentially just sugar water. I'm not a hummingbird.

I love regular black tea, but sweet tea is essentially just sugar water. I'm not a hummingbird.

We just got back from a six day cruise. My brother would have sweet tea at meal time. I couldn’t believe all the sugar he was adding to it. Out of curiosity I tasted it before any sugar was added. It was ridiculously weak in flavor. It was like just adding the sugar to water.

Same...for us, lunch was a meal we ate between 3-4pm. I would say snack, but it was usually about 500 kcal. Those bales aren't gonna stack themselves in the barn.

Oh yes, the good ole days. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones who was put in the upper loft of the barn to stack the bails as they came up off of the belt from the wagon. Immense sweating and covered in dust. I don’t mess those days.

Oh yes, the good ole days. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones who was put in the upper loft of the barn to stack the bails as they came up off of the belt from the wagon. Immense sweating and covered in dust. I don’t mess those days.

Again, same. My brother was too sloppy with stacking, so he unloaded, and I stacked.

I don't want to make it seem like I was slaving away on the farm from dawn to dusk, though. By the time we were in sports, we had 3 or 4 hours of work on Saturday mornings to help Dad get set up for the week, and that was about it. No chores before school, no chores after practice. Looking back, we probably should have helped more.

Summer, and particularly haying season, was different. That was pretty much working from when the hay was dry enough to bail until it got too tough at night. We grumbled, but looking back, those were good days.

Latest posts