Does KMM pass KDavis on depth chart?

FML

I imagine he does by about mid season. I've heard a lot of great things about KMM tearing it up in practice. KDavis may have all the tools, but I've haven't been impressed with anything he's done in a real game. I have my doubts he will ever live up to the hype he had coming out of HS.

It could happen as I am sure the coaching staff will put the players out there they feel gives them the best chance to win.

you argue with yourself in your opening statement. you've been hearing great things about KMM out of PRACTICE, but then say you haven't been impressed with anything davis has done in a GAME. apples and oranges bud.

you also have to remember davis played behind the most prolific receiver in iowa history.

i expect big things out of davis this season. i'm hoping KMM pushes davis to work even harder as well. and if KMM is as good as we have been hearing, he will find his way onto the field, but i don't think he will be taking the position away from davis. this is just my opinion though

I like the idea of all three with a veteran TE & a freak of a soph TE. Throw in a couple more WR's to push who could get PT like Don S. & it's a pretty good receiving corps. Let's just be happy with that & hope that Davis will flourish with attention on McNutt. He should be able to find pockets & creases to be able to sit down on & recieve balls.

Think Manningham, Avant, and Edwards. Would like to have thrown Breaston in there, but Iowa doesn't have that speed yet.

Keenan looks to be an Avant type at this point. You know, that guy that just kept freaking killing us.

I imagine he does by about mid season. I've heard a lot of great things about KMM tearing it up in practice. KDavis may have all the tools, but I've haven't been impressed with anything he's done in a real game. I have my doubts he will ever live up to the hype he had coming out of HS.

Not sure. Do you think that BDR is going to replace TWilson on the OLine? What about TLC making a run for the money this year?

I've also heard that DRB is a stud. What have you heard about them?

Not sure. Do you think that BDR is going to replace TWilson on the OLine? What about TLC making a run for the money this year?

I've also heard that DRB is a stud. What have you heard about them?

What about KSM? Didn't we get some good intel from him regarding OBL?

I think that folks need to see what Keenan can do on an every down basis before we start jumping to conclusions.

He's done enough to be our clear #2 and also he's done enough to get Marvin to speak very highly of him.

He just needs to bring together his game and play with greater consistency.

I remember when the same sort of remarks could be said of Jeremiha Hunter ... and once he hit the field and was starting ... consistency finally came to his game. Some guys just need to end up working out their "issues" in games ... when the pressure is on.

How impressed have you been with KMM in anything he's done in a game?

Think Manningham, Avant, and Edwards. Would like to have thrown Breaston in there, but Iowa doesn't have that speed yet.

Keenan looks to be an Avant type at this point. You know, that guy that just kept freaking killing us.

Manningham was a freshman Edwards' rookie year in the NFL. It was Edwards, Breaston, Avant in '04; Breaston, Avant, Manningham in '05; and Breaston, Manningham, Arrington in '06. Of those groups, I think the '05 group is the best comparison (Davis-Breaston, McNutt-Avant, KMM-Manningham, with Shumpert as Adrian Arrington), but like you said, I don't think anyone that plays for Iowa has as much speed as Breaston. He was and is unbelievably fast.

Last edited:
I think KD stays a starter in his last two years on campus barring injury. Next he will be the leader of the WR corps with KMM assuming the other position unless someone has a breakthrough this year.

One thing to remember is that Davis has been taking reps with the second team in practice for the past two years. Who's been throwing the ball to him? James Vandenberg. I would be willing to bet Vandenberg's comfort level with Davis will lead to Davis having very good numbers this year.

I could see it, based on Saturday. KD reminded me of Trey Stross. K-Mart reminded me of DJK.

A key difference is that injuries really negatively impacted Stross's development. To my knowledge, Davis has enjoyed relatively decent health (knock on wood).

My bet is that Davis turns out to provide us with a much better "story" than Stross.

This is the year for Davis to show what he can do. He will be the clear cut No. 2 receiver. I would guess the coaches will know better than any of us as to who will have more success on the field.

Latest posts