Does Iowa have the psychological edge going into MSU?

Is this for real?? :confused:

Based on what I've seen so far from Iowa, I predict this will be a very painful game to watch. I think this is going to be a beatdown. I really hope I'm wrong..

I remember that Dantonio told his team before last years' game to make it personal (get pst off). And they did. They were very motivated.

We'll never know what KF tells his team.

I remember that Dantonio told his team before last years' game to make it personal (get pst off). And they did. They were very motivated.

We'll never know what KF tells his team.

Revenge games seem to only work in our opponents favor.

After being at the game last year against MSU, I hope we come out wanting to rip their heads off. I left that game hating MSU more than any other team in college football. It would be kinda funny to see us get ahead and start faking injuries whenever they get a drive going.

Our passing game has not looked good yet, however obviously our running game is clicking. I assume MSU will focus on the run, and hopefully that means Vandy will finally get his act together and have a big game. Wishful thinking. Besides...at this rate the top rusher in the big ten will be between MW and Bell, you know MSU will focus on him even more this game.

The only edge I see Iowa having is the bye week to work on their shortcomings. Even then, the MSU defense is the best they will see all year long. And the defense is really going to have to bow up, up front, for the Hawks to have a chance.

MSU is not as good a football team as I thought they might have...or rather, I should have stuck with my gut back in June and not fallen prey to the hype surrounding Maxwell from fall camp as it related to MSU's offense.

This game is a toss up. Before the year, I figured for sure loss for Iowa. I like the way the Iowa OL is playing and obviously Weisman. Both passing games are struggling. MSU isnt a spread em out offense and thats perfect for Iowa's defense. Iowa will stop the run. Should be interesting.

The only edge I see Iowa having is the bye week to work on their shortcomings. Even then, the MSU defense is the best they will see all year long. And the defense is really going to have to bow up, up front, for the Hawks to have a chance.

MSU is not as good a football team as I thought they might have...or rather, I should have stuck with my gut back in June and not fallen prey to the hype surrounding Maxwell from fall camp as it related to MSU's offense.

This is an if, and a big IF, but if Iowa can somehow jump out to a 7-0, 10-3 sort of lead, I actually give them a decent chance... that would put the game in Maxwell's hand a bit more. Which would be what Iowa would want correct? Levian Bell will get his yards probably, but if they can get it into a game where Maxwell HAS to do something, like Ohio St. did, then who knows?

MSU's D is just great.

Their O is not.

I can't see them blowing us out.. I can see a very ugly offensive game though..

Before the season, I was predicting MSU to win about 6 or 7. Still do. They strike me as something we've seen out of Iowa many times: Strong D, Decent Run Game, Weak Pass Game.

I'm guessing we will see 8 or 9 in the box when Iowa is on offense. I hope we do the same when we're on D. Keep them under 100 yards rushing. If Maxwell beats us, so be it.

I'm curious to see if this years O-Line can play with teams that have a physical defense. Last year the O-Line was unable to and was dominated by Penn St, Mich St, and Nebraska defenses.

Hopefully the 0-Line and JVB bring their A game against Mich St or else there is a good chance they get beat by 14+ pts.

I don't know Jon, ISU's D looks a little better than MSU. Them loosing Worthy is huge. Their D-line seems behind then they were last year at this time. Who knows this week could be a grow up week for them, especially coming of that loss to OSU. Then keep the momentum going against Iowa.

MSU ripped us last year. They destroyed Central Michigan 41-7 on the road. Central Michigan beat us at Kinnick 32-31. I'd imagine Sparty will be pretty confident heading into this game. I like the matchup. Their D is excellent, but their offense is weak. If we can capitalize on turnovers, play stout defense and play error free....we got a shot to stun them on the road. I predict a low scoring game. Hawks 19-17....Meyer with four field goals! Go Hawks!!

Before the season, I was predicting MSU to win about 6 or 7. Still do. They strike me as something we've seen out of Iowa many times: Strong D, Decent Run Game, Weak Pass Game.

I'm guessing we will see 8 or 9 in the box when Iowa is on offense. I hope we do the same when we're on D. Keep them under 100 yards rushing. If Maxwell beats us, so be it.

I certainly hope we load the box also, but that just doesn't sound like us. Their offense is poor, but it is built exactly right to attack our shortcomings on defense. A power running game, with a powerful running back...if they ram it up the gut, look out.

Latest posts