Does Iowa have a shot at the Stokes Girl?

I agree. Kiah has been nothing but accomodating and outgoing in her interviews. She has been around the school and program alot and has a very large connection to Iowa City.
Its very good that she has interest from the best programs in the country but she comes from a family that by all accounts in very grounded and comfortable in Iowa so I will go out on a limb and believe she actually has Iowa in he lead with the others hoping to overcome the pros in her Iowa column.

Agreed. My ex-girlfriend plays for the Kirkwood women's team, and she talked to Greg a couple weeks ago. Didn't really say which way she was leaning, just keeping her options open. But he did say (when asked where he would like to see her go) he'd love to see her go to Iowa. He doesn't appear to be imposing his will on her college choice, and I have no doubt he'd support her fully regardless of her choice, but he would want to see her in Black and Gold more than anything else.

didn't hurt that lisa just signed a top ten guard. Printy is so so talented also. Things are looking good for iowa women's basketball

didn't hurt that lisa just signed a top ten guard. Printy is so so talented also. Things are looking good for iowa women's basketball
Don't overlook Thierra Taylor. Healthy, she is the best athlete on the team other than Alexander, and will take over Kash's role at SF next year without any real fall-off iin performance.

Add in Virginia Johnson, the 6-1 Iowa City High incoming Hawkeye--one of the top 50 seniors in the nation. Morgan Johnson, Wahlin, Krei, Draxten, Nesbitt and 2010 freshman 6-1 PF Jade Rodgers will all return IAT Printy, Logic & Taylor. Bluder also has commitments from two of the most outstanding outside shooters in the nation, Kathryn Reynolds (1st team, large school Ohio All-State as a freshman & sophomore, led Notre Dame of Cincinnati to consecutive state championships) and Melissa Dixon from suburban Chicago (who emerged to national prominence this summer in AAU play as a deadly NBA-range 3-point marksman).

Good chance that the Hawkeyes will also get a commitment from top-50 6-2 F Mariah Smith of Peoria Richwood (an outstanding student who is being recruited by Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Mich State IAT Iowa).

But Kiah is crucial. Add her & Smith inside, to match the exceptional wing & backcourt players already on board, and this will be a team that wins BT championships and plays in the Final Four.

Don't overlook Thierra Taylor. Healthy, she is the best athlete on the team other than Alexander, and will take over Kash's role at SF next year without any real fall-off iin performance.

Add in Virginia Johnson, the 6-1 Iowa City High incoming Hawkeye--one of the top 50 seniors in the nation. Morgan Johnson, Wahlin, Krei, Draxten, Nesbitt and 2010 freshman 6-1 PF Jade Rodgers will all return IAT Printy, Logic & Taylor. Bluder also has commitments from two of the most outstanding outside shooters in the nation, Kathryn Reynolds (1st team, large school Ohio All-State as a freshman & sophomore, led Notre Dame of Cincinnati to consecutive state championships) and Melissa Dixon from suburban Chicago (who emerged to national prominence this summer in AAU play as a deadly NBA-range 3-point marksman).

Good chance that the Hawkeyes will also get a commitment from top-50 6-2 F Mariah Smith of Peoria Richwood (an outstanding student who is being recruited by Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Mich State IAT Iowa).

But Kiah is crucial. Add her & Smith inside, to match the exceptional wing & backcourt players already on board, and this will be a team that wins BT championships and plays in the Final Four.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.......talent is one thing, coaching is a whole other conversation. Not saying that Bluder can't coach, but I think the jury is still out. Let's win a couple NCAA games first before we start talking crazy talk.

You have to think her brother getting a shot on the Mens team will aid her in her decision to come to Iowa.

Bluder has done really well at Iowa with very little. I cannot imagine how good the team will be if she starts landing some of the top recruits.

What are we defining as little. She has done a better job recruiting than Bill Fennelly has done at ISU. Bluder has this program moving up.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.......talent is one thing, coaching is a whole other conversation. Not saying that Bluder can't coach, but I think the jury is still out. Let's win a couple NCAA games first before we start talking crazy talk.

I think she's a pretty damn good coach. Last season started out rough because of injuries and inexperience. And women's basketball is not like the men's version. When a #9 seed meets a #1 in the women's tourney, there ain't gonna be no upset like there sometimes is in the men's tourney. That's how the #1's all make it to the Final Four seemingly every year.

I posted this before but it doesn't appear to have stuck. I'll try again.

Kiah announced she intended to go to Iowa on monday night, 9-20, at the National Council Youth Leadership banquet in CR at Coe College. I was there to see my duaghter, also a high school senior, receive an award. Greg is on the council and has been involved in this organization for years.

Every kid there had to go up to the podium and annouce what they intended to do after high school. The crowd errupted when Kiah said she intended to go to school at the University of Iowa. i'm surprised it wasn't covered already, or maybe I just haven't seen it.

Kiah announced she intended to go to Iowa on monday night, 9-20, at the National Council Youth Leadership banquet in CR at Coe College. I was there to see my duaghter, also a high school senior, receive an award. Greg is on the council and has been involved in this organization for years.

Every kid there had to go up to the podium and annouce what they intended to do after high school. The crowd errupted when Kiah said she intended to go to school at the University of Iowa. i'm surprised it wasn't covered already, or maybe I just haven't seen it.

Sweet, Bluder is a class act.

FYI ... Lisa Bluder was at Linn Mar's volleyball practice yesterday. For those who don't know, Stokes is on LM's volleyball team. So, Iowa is still trying. :)

It was covered - she also mentioned in the same speech:

Earlier this fall, she had a little fun with her college choice. She announced at an event she was “going to Iowa,â€￾ which was met with cheers, then paused and added, “or Connecticut or Tennessee or Maryland or Georgia.â€￾

Women’s basketball: Stokes down to final five | Hawk Central)

Latest posts