Does Fran get suspended?

I just talked to a friend that was at the game and he said Fran's behavior was even more embarrassing and outrageous in person. Apparently TV didn't do it justice since it happened during a TV timeout.

He bumped an official which is a huge no-no even if it was unintentional. I can't really see the B1G letting that go. They've gotta draw a hard line with no gray area.

How about we drawl a hard line with this clueless trash officials?

Aside from the (whether it was incidental or not) bumping into the ref...I really fail to see what is so embarrassing about what he did. I think a lot of you are having a hard time coping with the loss so you yourselves need someone to come down on. Would you have rather had him flip off the ref? Actually, that would have been hilarious.

Aside from the (whether it was incidental or not) bumping into the ref...I really fail to see what is so embarrassing about what he did. I think a lot of you are having a hard time coping with the loss so you yourselves need someone to come down on. Would you have rather had him flip off the ref? Actually, that would have been hilarious.
Wow, can't beleive how most of you are throwing Fran under the bus. Bring back Lick and his head buried in his hands and getting our @ss kicked all over the court.

I would agree with you if Fran had initiated the contact. My eyes may have deceived me, but when I look at the replay, it appears to me that the official extends his forearm into Fran thus initiating the contact. Now, i agree that Fran was very aggressive at that point and the official may have been reacting to WHAT HE THOUGHT was going to occur, but are officials aloud to make calls based on assumptions? Maybe, but I don't really think so. A reprimand may be in order, but not a suspension. I believe the officials should be head accountable for their actions just as the coaches and players are. I don't think they are in today's world. My opinion, I may be wrong.

Wow, can't beleive how most of you are throwing Fran under the bus. Bring back Lick and his head buried in his hands and getting our @ss kicked all over the court.

That is a tad extreme, nobody wants to go back to the Lick days. But his over reaction was a tad over the top and I would not blame the Big Ten if they suspended Fran for a game. Through all the bad calls and everything the team still had a 2 point lead at the time it happened and the guy who was fouled only made 1 out of 2 free throws, take away those 4 technicals that Brust made and Iowa would have had the ball with a 1 point lead.

Fran moving aggressively toward the ref did initiate the contact. He completely lost control and looked like a fool doing it.

The officiating was not bad at all. It was pretty consistent throughout the game.

As for "throwing Fran under the bus," Fran threw himself under it.

1 game suspension. *bang gavel*

Fran moving aggressively toward the ref did initiate the contact. He completely lost control and looked like a fool doing it.

The officiating was not bad at all. It was pretty consistent throughout the game.

As for "throwing Fran under the bus," Fran threw himself under it.

1 game suspension. *bang gavel*

Yeah officials were great, once again Iowa shoots as many FT as the other teams makes, that is awesome officiating right there...

Yeah officials were great, once again Iowa shoots as many FT as the other teams makes, that is awesome officiating right there...

Fran gave them 4. Hawks missed the 1st of 1&1 3 times.

22 personal fouls on Iowa, 23 on Wisconsin. It wasn't the refs. Fran lost his mind and the game.

Its one thing to "fight" for your team. Its another to go ballistic and totally out of control. Fran needs some Anger management help. There is just no way a coach can behave that way. Not only does it hurt the team but it hurts the Image of the university of Iowa. Most of us thought Bobby Knight was a jerk on the court and eventually it cost him his job. McCaffrey is developing the same reputation and he is not at Indiana winning national championships.
Im sure there will be replys suggesting Im overreacting, but I always hear from coaches that they are in the game to teach young men the game of life and I have a hard time understanding the lesson of being an out of control maniac when faced with a tough situation.
Barta needs to be an athletic director and deal with this problem before McCaffrey really does something bad.
McCaffrey could have a nice run at Iowa (jury still out) but he needs to get his temper under control

Its one thing to "fight" for your team. Its another to go ballistic and totally out of control. Fran needs some Anger management help. There is just no way a coach can behave that way. Not only does it hurt the team but it hurts the Image of the university of Iowa. Most of us thought Bobby Knight was a jerk on the court and eventually it cost him his job. McCaffrey is developing the same reputation and he is not at Indiana winning national championships.
Im sure there will be replys suggesting Im overreacting, but I always hear from coaches that they are in the game to teach young men the game of life and I have a hard time understanding the lesson of being an out of control maniac when faced with a tough situation.
Barta needs to be an athletic director and deal with this problem before McCaffrey really does something bad.
McCaffrey could have a nice run at Iowa (jury still out) but he needs to get his temper under control

Exactly, I think he will eventually do something that will cost him his job.

As long as he only has one major outburst per year, I think we're good. That was last year that he busted up the chair right? I don't think he'll actually hurt a player or a ref, so as long as it's just drama no biggy. Great having some passion for the game. The players understand it's just an act to try to sway officiating, so they're not afraid of getting punched or anything like that. People need to chill.

Latest posts