Does anyone remember a time when NS audibled into

hawkinarkansas

a pass play? I mean after what, 1700 offensive snaps (at least) under his belt, I can not remember a single time he has appeared to audible into a pass. I can recall multiple times where he has audibled into the teeth of a blitz, but no pass comes to mind. Asking for a fan base.

a pass play? I mean after what, 1700 offensive snaps (at least) under his belt, I can not remember a single time he has appeared to audible into a pass. I can recall multiple times where he has audibled into the teeth of a blitz, but no pass comes to mind. Asking for a fan base.

I’m Curious as to when the last time any Iowa QB audibled into anything other than a run play..

Iowa State 2018, dropped a dime in to B Smith which basically sealed the victory.

But good point- Iowa rarely audibles into a better play which I would put on coaching not the QB

You may have missed my comments about this last year. I did see him do it once and I am not trying to be a smart ass when I say that. In my other comments I brought up the fact that the more successful offenses are the ones who are not predictable. He should be doing audibles into a pass fifty percent of the time to keep the defense guessing. There are a lot of old rusty tools in the Iowa offensive tool shed.

Might even be a coach or two in there that aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed also. :p

9f6c00736eccda9337e036b9d45ddf51.jpg

The last time he audibled into a pass, this guy was still punching a timeclock at the Rock Quarry.

You may have missed my comments about this last year. I did see him do it once and I am not trying to be a smart ass when I say that. In my other comments I brought up the fact that the more successful offenses are the ones who are not predictable. He should be doing audibles into a pass fifty percent of the time to keep the defense guessing. There are a lot of old rusty tools in the Iowa offensive tool shed.

Might even be a coach or two in there that aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed also. :p

I disagree with the 50% deal. Depends a lot on the personnel he has on the field.

This is not a NS deal. I have said for 15 years that if an Iowa QB is under center, pauses, takes a step back, and yells something one way, then the other, then back at the RBs, Iowa is about to run a stretch play off tackle. If I was a DC, I would send 10 guys at the line when I see that.

That's KF though, not NS, cause its been like the FOREVER!!!!!!

OMG this has been going on for a DECADE. EVERY TIME there has been an audible, it’s to a run on the SHORT SIDE of the field. It’s unreal. Watch games w my buddies, and we all laugh at it each and every time. Even the defense will shift to that side.
Absolute idiocy by the coaching staff. Don’t believe me, go rewatch ANY Hawk game this decade.

OMG this has been going on for a DECADE. EVERY TIME there has been an audible, it’s to a run on the SHORT SIDE of the field. It’s unreal. Watch games w my buddies, and we all laugh at it each and every time. Even the defense will shift to that side.
Absolute idiocy by the coaching staff. Don’t believe me, go rewatch ANY Hawk game this decade.
Completely true. 95% chance the audible is going to a short side stretch play. Unless the play is already a short side stretch play, then they audible into a stretch play to the other side. Ground breaking revolutionary stuff.

The answer is never.
Nate's audibles are as predictable as our "forever-first play" of each game being a dive off R-tackle.

This is not a NS deal. I have said for 15 years that if an Iowa QB is under center, pauses, takes a step back, and yells something one way, then the other, then back at the RBs, Iowa is about to run a stretch play off tackle. If I was a DC, I would send 10 guys at the line when I see that.

That's KF though, not NS, cause its been like the FOREVER!!!!!!
Unless the coaching staff is prohibiting NS from making an audible other than a stretch run, this is on NS. How many times have we had a receiver with single coverage get no consideration for a back shoulder throw, or even an opportunity to make a play? Good QB's see mismatches and take advantage, Iowa doesn't. It's as if Iowa has no interest in scouting itself whatsoever or even giving our playmakers a chance to make a play. Dismal

Completely true. 95% chance the audible is going to a short side stretch play. Unless the play is already a short side stretch play, then they audible into a stretch play to the other side. Ground breaking revolutionary stuff.

You know at the games at Kinnick, when they have up on the screen where it rolls to pick something for the band to play (like the Empire March)…..they should do the same thing for a Ferentz Audible.

Only thing is, it will consist of a stretch play where it lands every time.

Latest posts