Does anyone else love the Buckeyes?

I despise OSU! They can do the conference a favor and keep winning, and they apparently run a pretty clean program, but love?, I don't even like OSU. They definitely have our number most times, and they have been the barometer of the league, so it becomes a respect thing. I respect tOSU, and will only cheer for them in non-conference/bowl situations, as I agree with HawkIstate, I wish that they would lose every big ten game they played!

I dislike them more than anyone else in our conference or state---by far, Nebraska too. I was fine with them beating Notre Dame, but I usually don't even mind seeing them lose the bowl game. Certainly has something to do with my first game in Kinnick being 1990 against them.

So you're an OSU fan and a NYY fan? Let me guess, you also cheer for the Patriots, the Lakers, Tiger, Duke, and PSU volleyball...

When they aren't playing the Hawks, I'm Scarlett and Gray all the way! I love the way they represent the Big Ten and the Hawkeyes on a national scale! GO HAWKS! AND OHIO STATE!

There are three teams in College Football that I hate with the fire of 1000 suns (In Order):

tOSU
Nebraska
Any team from Flordia

So no, I can't say that I "love" the Buckeyes. Now would I have "loved" to see a Meteor hit the Horseshoe when they played Miami earlier this year? Yes, without a doubt!

I love lamp.

First, I want to recognize this post in the midst of our b!tchfest over the OP's post. Well done!

By the way, I respect what Tressel has done with OSUs program. For a guy to win 5 straight Big Ten Championships and turn Michigan into his personal b!tch is a helluva accomplishment.....especially given the fact that he called his shot at the first OSU basketball game the year he was hired.

However, I'll never root for them. They are the gold standard right now and for Iowa to claim a Big Ten Championship, they've got to go through OSU. I'd just as soon have OSU lose a game or two ahead of time. But that's me.

uh, No!
I'd rather pour gas over my head and walk into an inferno.
I would however root for them to beat Notre Dame, ISU, and Nebraska.

I've got a co-worker that actually roots for both. Of course he grew up in Ohio, and has been living in the IC area for like 20 years now so it's understandable.

Hmmm....let me think. some of the things I would rather do than root for OSU......thats a tough one. Here goes.

I'd rather follow Rosie O'Donnel around a fat farm for a whole week of FAIL!

This was freaking hilarious!

Every conference needs a dominant team to be nationally recognized so I don't care if they win, especially since Michigan has been down. I would root for them in their bowl games.

We do have to be honest, the Big10 as a conference is much healthier when Michigan is dominant. I hate to say it, but it is true. The conference is more respected nationally.

A part of me wants them to be undefeated when Iowa meets them, especially when Iowa is going well. The high-profile games really get me excited.

But, I also like to see them squirm playing Big10 teams & enjoy when they lose them. It's the curse of being the top dog so much.

I guess I don't hate OSU just because they're always good.. I guess I should hate them for spoiling our seasons a couple of times (1985, 1990, etc.), but I don't. But that doesn't make me a fan, either. I always root for OSU to carry the banner for the Big Ten in their big non-conference games against teams like Texas and USC, and in their bowl games. Also against Michigan, I would always rather see OSU win. I never really did like Michigan at all.

Otherwise, I'd just as soon see OSU go down since I figure they are the biggest roadblock for the Hawks en-route to a conference title.

But I don't root against OSU just because they're OSU.

When they aren't playing the Hawks, I'm Scarlett and Gray all the way! I love the way they represent the Big Ten and the Hawkeyes on a national scale! GO HAWKS! AND OHIO STATE!

Like getting blown out in consecutive national title games, and helping make the Big Ten the butt of CFB jokes for several years? Right.

But then again, you appear to be a Yankees fan, so not surprising you'd jump on the bandwagon of "winning-est" programs.

For work, I've had to attend two tOSU games this year. While the Shoe is a great venue, I literally get sick in the sea of scarlet and gray. Their fans are fanatic, but I don't sense the same camaraderie that I get at Kinnick. And I will only root for tOSU during bowl games.

Just....can't....do....it....

Not after watching Iowa lose to OSU in person in:
1980 (41-7)(Kinnick)
1986 (31-10)(Kinnick)
2005 (31-6)(C-Bus)
2006 (38-17)(Kinnick)
2009 (27-24)(C-Bus)(Particularly hated this one)

And on TV...(these stand out as the worst)
1985 (22-13)(C-Bus)(ugh, just ugh)
2003 (19-10)(C-Bus)

Finally, and I'm serious, of all the games I've seen Iowa win since 1978 in person, the one I enjoyed the most, hands down, was the 33-7 win at home versus the Bucks in 2004.

Latest posts