does anyone else feel like..

Absolutely. The nucleus is there with Marble, White, McCabe, Basabe (provided he figures things out, whatever it is), and Oglesby. I just wish we could have Gatens back for one more year. He's going to be greatly missed. I think Oglesby will pick up the slack in some areas, but the leadership factor, defense and rebounding is where I'm not sure Oglesby will cover the loss next year (in the future, yes, but not Year 1).

I do. They've repeatedly regrouped after bad losses this year. They'll go back to the drawing board on defense, and come out refocused on that end. Hopefully the shooting stays hot.

Seems like we have got worse lately.

I predicted a 16-17 win team. This is what 16-17 win teams can look like at times.

There are still some teams who Iowa has match up issues with. I was actually really surprised Iowa beat Minnesota as they are a team that has the type of match up problems that affect Iowa..

Seems like we have got worse lately.

Yep, and Carolina got worse from some of their early quality wins to the time FSU whooped them 90something-50something.

All teams go up and down. When you have depth, experience and a lot of talent, you can usually find enough guys clicking on any night to avoid getting totally blown out. We don't have that yet, but we will soon hopefully.

Yes. We just need more horses, especially big men. Right now Iowa gets abused inside.

Iowa does need more talent. That can not be disputed.

Iowa just need some guys down low with specific ability not necessarily size. You can do fine with post players in college ball who are 6'8 or 6'9 but they must do certain things well offensively and defensively. Iowa's guys with size all have holes in their games that can make for inconsistent showings.

yes i doubt teams will get rebounds and dunks/layups with woody standing underneath the basket and the turnovers will go down certainly with Gesell running the show go hawks im so jacked for next season i cant possibly be disappointed with and 89 point loss! GO HAWKS!

Part of the problem is the competition in practice. As the roster gets filled with more talent, this club will get better. I think this is hurting Basabe right now more than anything. There is a reason he is better in practice right now.

You can really see how bare the cupboard is, and has been. If Caff can follow up this year's class with another good one, this program should be set up to do very good things.

Part of the problem is the competition in practice. As the roster gets filled with more talent, this club will get better. I think this is hurting Basabe right now more than anything. There is a reason he is better in practice right now.You can really see how bare the cupboard is, and has been. If Caff can follow up this year's class with another good one, this program should be set up to do very good things.

i think cole really pushed basabe and that is what is lacking this year. mccabe is playing well but he isnt that leader and push that cole was. here is to myer and woodbury pushing basabe and helping him acheive his ceiling that we have seen is incredibly high.

Latest posts