Does Aaron White Become Iowa's All-Time Leading Scorer?

HawkIPA

White has scored 1001 points in his first 82 games as a Hawkeye, or an average of 12.2 PPG in an Iowa jersey. Lets say he gets 34 games per season this year and next (31 regular season games plus B1G tourney and NCAA/NIT tourney games). In this scenario, he would have 59 more games as a Hawk. If he kept the 12.2 average that would give him 1721 points for his career.

Roy Marble is the all-time leading scorer with 2116 points.

If White plays in the number of games I gave him in this scenario, he would need to average 18.9 points per game to pass Marble. Say he gets 36 games per year the next 2 years and that average drops to 17.7 PPG.

I would say it is highly unlikely he passes Marble, there is a good chance he can get into the Top 3 on the all-time list.

No. He'll likely wind up No. 5 or No. 6 on the list.

Don't get me wrong; I love his play and his energy on this team is infectious. But his point production will be hampered by the lack of an outside shot and the fact that's really not the role Fran wants him to play.

But I always feel better when White's in the game.

if he can develop a midrange game, especially a little 10-15 foot step back jumper, then he'll keep up his current average, or possibly increase it.

as well as he gets loose on the baseline, runs the floor, and draws fouls, he'll get 14 a night in fran's system as a senior. upping that depends on his midrange. he's never going to shoot 3s for crap.

He can definitely get into the top 5, but it's going to take an incredibly special player to pass Marble's production. White might go down as one of the best players we've had, but Marble bested guys like Stokes, Earl and Lester. That's pretty elite company, and if Whitey gets himself even just into the conversation by the time he's done, that'll be a tremendous accomplishment in itself.

Not a chance IMO. If he somehow does he's an NBA lottery pick at the end of his senior season.

Last edited:
Very doubtful that AW gets to #1 on the list. As TM mentioned, it would take a very special player. Someone who would start from day 1. Assuming 35 games per year, that person would still have to average over 15 points a game. In this day and age, a player like that would be gone before his senior season.

It ain't happening. RM is on top until the rules change and become more stringent.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Very doubtful that AW gets to #1 on the list. As TM mentioned, it would take a very special player. Someone who would start from day 1. Assuming 35 games per year, that person would still have to average over 15 points a game. In this day and age, a player like that would be gone before his senior season.

It ain't happening. RM is on top until the rules change and become more stringent.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

This.

He is on pace to be the 5th rebounder. If he is a top 5 scorer too that ain't too shabby.

He should destroy the free throw records though.

No. The better question is whether or not Devyn will finish no.2.

...and by extension, by 2015, whether Aaron passes him.

White gets his points of effort and athleticism. He doesn't have a high skill level with the ball in his hands. For that reason, I'll say no.

I think that Roy Marble's record will stand for a long time. Anybody with the talent and skill required to break it will leave early for the NBA. It isn't going anywhere any time soon.