Do You Want to Write for HawkeyeNation.com?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Let’s try this again…we discussed it back in April, just before Spring practice but things got away from me..

One of the things I have planned to do with this version of HawkeyeNation.com was to give the tens of thousands of Hawkeye fans that visit the site a chance to express their opinions.

Sure, we have the message boards, but with our site’s technology, we also have given every registered user a chance to create their own blog page. First, you need to have a free account, which you can sign up for at this link. Once you are logged in, click on this link and you can see how you would start a blog post. Once you have written what you want to write, shoot me an email at jdmiller71@gmail.com with the subject line reading: BLOG…then you must be sure to include a link to the blog that you have posted within the site. If you do not do this, I probably won’t read your submission.

I will review it and if I feel the masses would appreciate reading it, I’ll tweet it to a few thousands people and facebook to a few thousand more. And oh yeah, we’ll post it on the home page of HawkeyeNation.com, a location that is viewed by more than 100,000 Iowa fans each month from around the world during the Hawkeye football season.

I realize this won’t be for everybody, and that’s a good thing; I wouldn’t be able to read all of your submissions. If your submission isn’t posted on the front page, please do not be discouraged or angry..I am going to set the bar fairly high so that when people visit the site, they continue to read analysis and opinions comensurate with what they have enjoyed in the past.

That being said, there are talented people out there that can do a great job and I know many of you would love to have your thoughts and work shared with the masses.

So fire away…you have the links to your blog pages within your user CPanel, you have the tools to get to work. You can also even customize your blog page to some degree.

The power is yours; fill the pages and email me your submissions. The Great Iowa Football Blogging Project is underway!

someone give me a decent topic and i can try writing something up. i suck at coming up with topics

I'm also struggling to think of a good topic that hasn't already been discussed to death. There were plenty to choose from at one time, but given how excited everyone is this year, we've plum run out.

I'm also struggling to think of a good topic that hasn't already been discussed to death. There were plenty to choose from at one time, but given how excited everyone is this year, we've plum run out.

This is a standing offer throughout the year....if people are moved to write about something at some point in time during the next several months, send it in.

Jon,

On a somewhat related topic I think we need a weekly HN Poll question. Set up a mailbox for you, another mod, or even a well respected frequently idolized **Duffman** member of the community to review and select and sticky one question a week.

I think that could be cool.

Jon

I would like to write a weekly blog about the Big Ten as a whole each week. I already listen each week to teleconference with coach's and travel to each Iowa game home and away I have officiated college basketball for 14 years and have been around big ten since my first Iowa game in 1977 at UW. I have a vast sports knowledge and would like the opportunity.

Latest posts