Do you want ISU to win when not playing Iowa?

Do YOU want ISU to win when not playing the Hawkeyes?

• No, GO HAWKEYES!

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Yes, the more wins in Iowa the better

Votes: 72 62.1%

• Total voters

HawkeyeMcNutt

Tailgating this weekend an interesting point came across a few of us talking. Being an Iowan and all, as were the four guys involved with the conversation, the conversation turned to ISU beating UConn on the road. Quickly this turned to, as an Iowan, do you want the other Iowa team to win when they're not playing the Hawks? Many people were split on this issue, so just was curious to see what the response here would be like.

No. Seething hatred for anything ISU. Long, convoluted story as to why. If there are any Star Trek, Next Generation fans out there think Picard/Borg. That is why I despise ISU so much. I actually hope bad things happen to them, seriously...

Nope, sorry. I was temporarily required to root for the Clones for a couple years once and I promised myself I would never get off the boat again, never get off the boat.

Nope, sorry. I was temporarily required to root for the Clones for a couple years once and I promised myself I would never get off the boat again, never get off the boat.

I don't know what you're saying. Insert Seinfeld "on/off the wagon" conversation here.

Not usually. I did want them to beat UConn because I predicted that as their "big win" before the season started.

I usually pull for them or don't pay attention. I admit sometimes I embrace the comedy of their shortcomings, but I pull for them for the most part.

I used to root for them when not playing Iowa, but as the years have gone on and listening to the stupidity coming from their mouths and visiting CF every now and then I hope they never win another game for as long as I live.

Honestly, I don't really care much either way.

I don't hate them, but I don't follow them either. I suppose that, from the standpoint that every wiin that an opponent puts up, it helps Iowa perspective, I want them to win. Oh, and I want them (and everyone else) to beat Nebraska and Texas (and, if they ever played, Illinois and ND)...

You dont have to want them to lose they usually do that just fine without us wanting. They pretty much have sucking on lockdown.

So no. I dont wish them to lose football games

Hate ISU, will never cheer for them, however, if they continue to win it will somehow make our loss look better for possible bowl situations.

I don't really root for anyone else to win unless they're playing a team that gets undeserved attention.

Latest posts