Do you think Dake drops down to 157#?

castille

Dake has now beaten Taylor in freestyle and folkstyle. Dake actually moved up a weight to wrestle Taylor. I'm not trying to say Dake doesn't want to wrestle Taylor again but, Dake doesn't have anything else to prove. Three NCAA championships at three different weights and never red shirted. Awfully impressive to me.

I don't think so. Not saying he won't drop back down, but i don't think this result will have anything to do w/ it. if you remember, this all star match was announced before Dake ever said he was going to stay at 165. so if he planned on going to 157 he could've easily just done the all star dual and then went back down win or lose. Especially then no one could say he was 'running' if he lost.

Dake will stay at 165 so he can win 4 titles at 4 weights... If anything I would expect Taylor to go down. He may think he has a better chance against St. John at 157. I doubt either one of them goes anywhere though to be honest. Taylor is competitive also and will be gunning for Dake now. Next match-up should be a good one again.

I believe Dake said in an interview that he was moving up for the better of the team. I think he stays, I also agree with Pin, that he will be the greatest ever if he wins. His resume: beat two time finalist (Marion), one time champion, two time finalist (Molinaro), one time finalist with two more years to go (DSJ), and a possible win over Taylor. Yeah, I'm impressed.

Latest posts