• Neutral

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • nah not so much

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I do not like them Sam I am

Votes: 28 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The elitism and the snobbery from their alumni and fan base are a major turnoff. The only time I root for them is when I need for them to cover the spread on a bet. ND/ISU was the easiest money I ever made.:)

how many alumni do you personally know?

I hate Notre Dame but I respect their program. I want to go to a game at their stadium someday. I went to the ND-Miami game at Soldier back when I lived in Chicago. Was wearing Iowa gear bince I do that every football Saturday and got invited to crush pre-game with a bunch of ND fans from Ames. Nice people. My buddy had a connect at ND and got me front row seats right next to the tunnel and some lineman gave me his gloves when the game ended. I gave them to some gal and their posse took me out to their tailgate and poured a copious amount of booze down my gullet.

Those gold helmets under the lights are absolutely beautiful. ND is always overrated and their assclown fans think ND is still a powerhouse, which is laughable. Their program is probably currently on an Iowa or Wisconsin level, but they'll always get the special treatment. Just something we gotta deal with.

You can hate Lou Holtz all you want. Lol Reading one Bleacher Report article on the man doesn't make you an expert. I think you'd be in the far minority in your "beliefs." He was under appreciated in every job that he had, made every program a winner after taking over, moved up to become a National Champion at Notre Dame. You can look at his accolades. You can look at his public speaking resume. Its not my opinion. Watch the Joe Buck interview with him or listen to a speech on YouTube.

I think I'll be happier by not listening to him, thanks though.

You can hate Lou Holtz all you want. Lol Reading one Bleacher Report article on the man doesn't make you an expert. I think you'd be in the far minority in your "beliefs." He was under appreciated in every job that he had, made every program a winner after taking over, moved up to become a National Champion at Notre Dame. You can look at his accolades. You can look at his public speaking resume. Its not my opinion. Watch the Joe Buck interview with him or listen to a speech on YouTube.

I heard about his leaving Minny under a cloud of recruiting violation suspicion, later acted on, just a couple years after it happened. This stuff has been in the news for 30 years. What I said is yeah he did a lot of good things and he is a good public speaker/motivator but if he was CHEATING as a coach or looking the other way with the nod and wink that makes him way less of person.

If it comes out that Saban has been cheating at Bama for a dozen years what will your view of him be.

I read most people on this site think Old man Pitino and Calipari are sleasy, mafia types.

What do you think of those two bball coaches, just want to know?

I heard about his leaving Minny under a cloud of recruiting violation suspicion, later acted on, just a couple years after it happened. This stuff has been in the news for 30 years. What I said is yeah he did a lot of good things and he is a good public speaker/motivator but if he was CHEATING as a coach or looking the other way with the nod and wink that makes him way less of person.

If it comes out that Saban has been cheating at Bama for a dozen years what will your view of him be.

I read most people on this site think Old man Pitino and Calipari are sleasy, mafia types.

I'm not a fan of either. Im not a "fan" of Holtz either. I was impressed at his motovational speaking and his ability to build a program. I'm not going to champion him as Jesus Christ. Lol Let's just say that the past 2 decades have shown that simply coaching at Notre Dame doesn't guarantee a championship. He was a very good coach. I think loyalty to his players and motivating players were his strengths Look up the 1978 Orange Bowl.

You and I might be arguing different points. My original post said he was highly motivational and impressive to me. You dislike his recruiting efforts.

how many alumni do you personally know?

two

I think I understand why you ask me that question. Making sweeping generalizations based on limited interaction is unfair and you are right to call me out for it.

If that is what you were doing.;)

two

I think I understand why you ask me that question. Making sweeping generalizations based on limited interaction is unfair and you are right to call me out for it.

If that is what you were doing.;)

thanks for the reply. I often say things like that about people at catholic high schools, affluent brats.

But ND grads I've met and know are smart, successful, personable and likable (classy) .

Reactions: trj
The most overrated team each and every year. I could do without them.

I don't know, bruh. Watching Alabama absolutely shit truck Notre Dame a few days after it was revealed their star player was getting catfished by some dude was honestly one of the best moments of college football in the past decade.

That game where Northwestern beat them at home was hilarious as shit, too, and demonstrated definitively that they want absolutely nothing to do with the Big Ten. Losing a team like Notre Dame would be like WWF losing quality rasslers like Nikolai Volkov or Iron Sheikh. It just ain't the same without the baddies.

I do love Brian Regan!

He's on my list of top two, indeed. My top two are interchangeable for the mood I'm in to listening to.

For clean family oriented it's Brian Regan. For off color it's Bill Burr. I find both freaking hilarious. Bill always has some truth to what he is saying even though it rides the line of social acceptance.

He's on my list of top two, indeed. My top two are interchangeable for the mood I'm in to listening to.

For clean family oriented it's Brian Regan. For off color it's Bill Burr. I find both freaking hilarious. Bill always has some truth to what he is saying even though it rides the line of social acceptance.
Stanhope.

You definitely have to have the right personality for his stuff though. I do, but probably 99.4% of the population doesn't.

Stanhope.

You definitely have to have the right personality for his stuff though. I do, but probably 99.4% of the population doesn't.

Yea, Stanhope is pretty good to. Tough landscape for comedians now days, indeed. People need to understand a joke is just a joke. Luckily for me, there is a guy at work that he and I can let loose with jokes (off color at times) because we both understand they are just jokes. People now don't get that, especially the trigger happy young group.

One of the funniest guys ever unfortunately is gone now. Greg Giraldo. That guy was hilarious, especially the "roasts" he participated in. There was no better roaster than him, IMO. If you don't know of him, googled some of his comedy and watch.

Jesus, I feel like I'm in a dream where I'm talking to someone behind a curtain and at the end of the conversation the curtain gets pulled back and its me. Then I wake up covered in sweat, possibly piss. Lol Brian Regan will forever be my #1. No one looks at "regular life" better than he does. Bill Burr is #2 for me in recent years. I can't even breathe while listening to him having a conversation with his wife while admitting that he has problems. Lol so funny!

Jesus, I feel like I'm in a dream where I'm talking to someone behind a curtain and at the end of the conversation the curtain gets pulled back and its me. Then I wake up covered in sweat, possibly piss. Lol Brian Regan will forever be my #1. No one looks at "regular life" better than he does. Bill Burr is #2 for me in recent years. I can't even breathe while listening to him having a conversation with his wife while admitting that he has problems. Lol so funny!

Stop it! Freaking me out man!

Ya ever listen to Regan's set on driving himself to the hospital. Freaking hilarious. "Merge, everybody merge!!". When driving and dropping a friend off at the hospital......"When you get in there, tell them your.....SHOT!".

Latest posts