Do you know who should be getting atleast 18:32?

When has Uthoff not played well enough to deserve 20 minutes?

I can't think of a game so in my mind that justifies he should be getting at least that many.

The other day on KxNO jake Sullivan was talking about the confidence it gives a player knowing he's going to get his PT no matter how he shoots. Now, not every player earns that but Jarrod does in my opinion.

So he is always going to play good enough to get 20 mins? Should fran time it and pull him after 20 mins if hes not doing well?

I must say if Basabe ain't playing 23 min or more. The Hawks are either up by 30 or he's not getting the minutes he deserves. If Woody ain't playing Basabe better be in there or vice versa.

I totally agree with either the thought process of player A or player B must be on the court but to say player A has to get 15 mins and player B needs to get 35 just doesnt work.

In frans system who is not going to get 10 mins? Thats enough time for any player to prove that he should be on the floor that day.

So he is always going to play good enough to get 20 mins? Should fran time it and pull him after 20 mins if hes not doing well?

What are u even arguing?? In your original post you stated Marble has earned that right to get his minutes and stay on the floor.

All I'm doing is making the argument two other players have earned that same respect.

What are u even arguing?? In your original post you stated Marble has earned that right to get his minutes and stay on the floor.

All I'm doing is making the argument two other players have earned that same respect.
You're right of course. White should be playing nearly all the game. And the Hawks aren't 11-deep in conference play. Number 11 man doesn't have the defense down yet. Iowa is 10-deep for the rest of the season.

Fran and his staff coached a great game today. Made right adjustments, great play-calling, nice defense changes.

Which is what I don't get.

Why not redshirt him?.....unless there was some agreement where he'd get minutes as a true frosh.

I think, not unlike Olesani's position, we'll be kicking ourselves in 3 years.

Oglesby was hurt to start the year. I think that's the main reason. Also, bball isn't like football. Jok is ready to play now and he got some good minutes already this year. He will learn more from that and will be more of a help next year because of it.

I think marble to the only player who their is nobody to take his role if he has an off night. You leave him in there and hope he starts to player better.

If whites not playing good then I go more Uthoff if Woody is not playing well then go more Gabe and Basabe.

I think fran has been doing great. Starter then the second set comes in. Everyone gets a chance then you see who plays at the end.

Take AC he hasnt been playing so well. Fran still uses him at the beginning and if you doesnt prove anything then he sits like today.

Marble could put up 15 in a couple of minutes and take over the game at any point. Right now there is noone that has that on the team other than him.

I think marble to the only player who their is nobody to take his role if he has an off night. You leave him in there and hope he starts to player better.

If whites not playing good then I go more Uthoff if Woody is not playing well then go more Gabe and Basabe.

I think fran has been doing great. Starter then the second set comes in. Everyone gets a chance then you see who plays at the end.

Take AC he hasnt been playing so well. Fran still uses him at the beginning and if you doesnt prove anything then he sits like today.

Marble could put up 15 in a couple of minutes and take over the game at any point. Right now there is noone that has that on the team other than him.

If u don't play white/uthoff we will struggle to score.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one.

If u don't play white/uthoff we will struggle to score.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one.

No I think we agree. One of those two has to be on the floor. I just dont believe that either of those two has to have any set number of mins. Both get to play at the beginning of both halfs and after that its dependent on how you are playing. Some pos Iowa has 3 guys they could use so there is even more reason to not assign mins to those players.

Say if White and Uthoff are playing poorly then fran could stick with whos playing better. If they both are not playing well chances are Iowa is not playing well.

No I think we agree. One of those two has to be on the floor. I just dont believe that either of those two has to have any set number of mins. Both get to play at the beginning of both halfs and after that its dependent on how you are playing. Some pos Iowa has 3 guys they could use so there is even more reason to not assign mins to those players.

Say if White and Uthoff are playing poorly then fran could stick with whos playing better. If they both are not playing well chances are Iowa is not playing well.

I prefer 2 of the 3 to be on the floor. At least in the 2nd half, assuming no foul trouble.

Latest posts