Do you know who should be getting atleast 18:32?

OUTofTOWNHAWK

It doesnt matter you goobs. Saying so and so should get atleast this or that is dumb. Iowa has 11 guys that can play. You play everyone then see who is playing good enough to be in at the end. The only player that should play almost the whole game even if he is playing bad is Marble. Everyone else can sit on an off night.

Some of you crack me up with your player by player breakdown of minutes.

Maybe thats why there are so many asst coaches to remind fran how many minutes players are at.

It doesnt matter you goobs. Saying so and so should get atleast this or that is dumb. Iowa has 11 guys that can play. You play everyone then see who is playing good enough to be in at the end. The only player that should play almost the whole game even if he is playing bad is Marble. Everyone else can sit on an off night.

Maybe thats why there are so many asst coaches to remind fran how many minutes players are at.
I would say Marble and White are the 2 that should play almost the whole game.

Iowa has 10 guys who can play. Jok isn't ready, and his minutes have been cut drastically since the start of conference play. He'll be fine, but he isn't going to contribute many meaningful minutes this year.

Iowa has 10 guys who can play. Jok isn't ready, and his minutes have been cut drastically since the start of conference play. He'll be fine, but he isn't going to contribute many meaningful minutes this year.

You are probably right but at the end of today's game part of me was wanting him out there when Iowa was on offense late in the game when it was FT time.

Yeah I think he may still have a role this year he is just a couple situations from playing a couple of mins every game.

He looks a little lost at times on both ends of the floor. Cant have that in a big game or a crucial stretch

Which is what I don't get.

Why not redshirt him?.....unless there was some agreement where he'd get minutes as a true frosh.

I think, not unlike Olesani's position, we'll be kicking ourselves in 3 years.

Why not redshirt him?.....unless there was some agreement where he'd get minutes as a true frosh.

Don't know how much Jok has played since December, but if Kevin Ware can get a redshirt playing into December, Jok should be able to...

Don't know how much Jok has played since December, but if Kevin Ware can get a redshirt playing into December, Jok should be able to...

I think it's different if it's for medical reasons. And anyway, Jok has played in the Nebraska and Northwestern games.

I don't think it was necessarily a bad thing to get him playing time in the OOC. For one thing, Oglesby's health/effectiveness was in question. But there could also come a time this year with injuries where he might be pressed into action during conference play. In that case, a little game experience from the OOC would be handy.

We needed him early in the season with the JO injury and he just played against NW.

Just because he doesn't play every game doesn't mean he should red shirt.

For the OP, I think your missing the point some were arguing after the Wisconsin game in regards to Uthoff getting 16 minutes. He didn't play bad and is our 3rd best scorer. He needed mores minutes and I feel it is a legit argument that our 3rd leading scorer needs at least 20 min a game.

We needed him early in the season with the JO injury and he just played against NW.

Just because he doesn't play every game doesn't mean he should red shirt.

For the OP, I think your missing the point some were arguing after the Wisconsin game in regards to Uthoff getting 16 minutes. He didn't play bad and is our 3rd best scorer. He needed mores minutes and I feel it is a legit argument that our 3rd leading scorer needs at least 20 min a game.

So if he is playing bad does he get 20 min? Does he have to come out if he is at 20 mins because so and so hasnt gotten their 20 mins?

See its silly to put a number to it. Its fine to say I would have like to see him play more in this game because...... But with how deep this team is there are few players that have to get anything.

Ive played all kinds of roles on different teams. I had a coach say hey you are going to start. Ive had a coach tell me that Ill be the first off the bench and Ive had a coach say "who are you and where did you get that jersey?" None of those involve a set amount of mins.

Ive never had a coach say you are going to get 25 mins a game or whatever. It doesnt work like that.

So if he is playing bad does he get 20 min? Does he have to come out if he is at 20 mins because so and so hasnt gotten their 20 mins?

See its silly to put a number to it. Its fine to say I would have like to see him play more in this game because...... But with how deep this team is there are few players that have to get anything.

Ive played all kinds of roles on different teams. I had a coach say hey you are going to start. Ive had a coach tell me that Ill be the first off the bench and Ive had a coach say "who are you and where did you get that jersey?" None of those involve a set amount of mins.

Ive never had a coach say you are going to get 25 mins a game or whatever. It doesnt work like that.

When has Uthoff not played well enough to deserve 20 minutes?

I can't think of a game so in my mind that justifies he should be getting at least that many.

The other day on KxNO jake Sullivan was talking about the confidence it gives a player knowing he's going to get his PT no matter how he shoots. Now, not every player earns that but Jarrod does in my opinion.

I must say if Basabe ain't playing 23 min or more. The Hawks are either up by 30 or he's not getting the minutes he deserves. If Woody ain't playing Basabe better be in there or vice versa.

Latest posts