Do you approve of the job Kirk Ferentz is doing?

Do you approve of the job Kirk Ferentz is doing?

• Yes

Votes: 88 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 53.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
]You don't pay the guy anything, unless you're one of the donors who's donations pay his salary. If so, I apologize.

I've said this before. People complain that he gets paid too much for the results produced, but unless they are making those payments, what difference does it make to them? Should he be given a pay cut when we struggle? I'd love for someone to show me an example of a school who has ever paid its coach on a variable schedule like that.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we care because we have been fans for decades?

People complain that he gets paid too much for the results produced, but unless they are making those payments, what difference does it make to them?

While fans don't directly pay KF, they do make an investment in Hawkeye football through the purchase of tickets and merchandise.

Great conversation, everyone. Please keep your thoughts coming one way or the other.

Everyone forgets about winning the Orange Bowl so quickly. That's a level of glory Iowa hadn't achieved since the 50's and now so many people want Ferentz canned. Just crazy. A couple tough years is gonna happen periodically. Get over it.

While fans don't directly pay KF, they do make an investment in Hawkeye football through the purchase of tickets and merchandise.

Great conversation, everyone. Please keep your thoughts coming one way or the other.

That means approximately jack and squat. I like how a lot of people on here pretend like if we fire KF we will just bring in some great coach, and then it is nothing but 10 win seasons from there on. The grass is not always greener on the other side, and in this case it is almost certainly not.

Everyone forgets about winning the Orange Bowl so quickly. That's a level of glory Iowa hadn't achieved since the 50's and now so many people want Ferentz canned. Just crazy. A couple tough years is gonna happen periodically. Get over it.

What's funny to keep reading is comments like yours. Did you forget who we played...Georgia Tech. There couldn't have been a more perfect matchup for our one-dimensional coaching staff. They run 1 play on offense...1...they don't pass...they run...every...time. They played right into KF's hands. Lets not sit here and pretend that winning against Georgia Tech was some monumental achievement.

That means approximately jack and squat. I like how a lot of people on here pretend like if we fire KF we will just bring in some great coach, and then it is nothing but 10 win seasons from there on. The grass is not always greener on the other side, and in this case it is almost certainly not.

And it's funny how everytime someone brings up the idea of a new coach we have a bunch of "Tom Davis all over again" arguments. Oklahoma State wasn't satisfied with 6 and 7 win seasons so they brought in a young guy with some fire in his belly...they aint doing too bad if you take a look at their last few seasons.

What's funny to keep reading is comments like yours. Did you forget who we played...Georgia Tech. There couldn't have been a more perfect matchup for our one-dimensional coaching staff. They run 1 play on offense...1...they don't pass...they run...every...time. They played right into KF's hands. Lets not sit here and pretend that winning against Georgia Tech was some monumental achievement.

Ridiculous. Iowa had no say in who they played. Saying it was luckily Georgia Tech takes away the accomplishment of getting there and winning the game. No such thing as a lucky matchup or win in a BCS game. It was no accident GT got to that game.

People complain that he gets paid too much for the results produced, but unless they are making those payments, what difference does it make to them?
While fans don't directly pay KF, they do make an investment in Hawkeye football through the purchase of tickets and merchandise.Great conversation, everyone. Please keep your thoughts coming one way or the other.

I also pay for my season tix and Iowa gear...not the coach.

the poor recruiting years people speak of came right after a rough 3 year stretch. sinced then our recruits are good, jerry dinardo says we have some of the best young talent in the BIG. give this staff the time to develop them, they deserve at least that much after winning our first big time bowl game in 50 years.

why-so-stupid.jpg

In a word.... yes. Execution is lacking on the field. I don't believe he has forgotten how to coach.

YEah, the first coach in iowa history to beat michigan three years in a row, beat Penn state 8 of 9 years, put a 3-1 record on the SEC, won a BCS game two years ago, 4 top 10 finishes this decade, national coach of they year, big 10 coach of the year, he just cant coach anymore.

RATHER, I say 1) it is very difficult to win each year (examples, Texas, Penn State, Michigan, Miami, Florida, Tennessee etc.) and 2) this year the talent isn't there.

Ridiculous. Iowa had no say in who they played. Saying it was luckily Georgia Tech takes away the accomplishment of getting there and winning the game. No such thing as a lucky matchup or win in a BCS game. It was no accident GT got to that game.

Yep, in this day and age of college football, a win is a win. They got there just like us and we beat them.

We pay the guy $4 million a year...he has to do better than this. I'd like to see nationwide how much each school is paying their coach per win they get. Kirk has to be the most expensive.

what you pay a coach doens't guarntee wins. If we are paying him too much it isn't his fault, it's our AD's/Universities fault and we shouldn't hold that against the coach, we should criticize our university. If someone was paying you more than you were worth would you step down, or could you do better? No, not KF's fault. Send your comment to administration...

And....get someone else in here for even more it doesn't mean they will win more.

You could pay another coach 1/2, even 1/3rd, as much as Ferentz and get 6-6 or 7-5 teams as often as Ferentz gets them.

Yeah maybe, and could we pay someone 10 million a year and guarantee 10 wins? Could we pay someone 10 million a year and get 8-4 seasons?

Yep, we beat Florida, LSU, Georgia Tech, penn state, michigan, and fans expect it to happen every single year. Not reasonable. We will have good seasons and bad, lets hope for more good than bad and try to keep some perspective and support of your coaches and team when we have a bad season...

Yeah maybe, and could we pay someone 10 million a year and guarantee 10 wins? Could we pay someone 10 million a year and get 8-4 seasons?

Yeah, and maybe you can come up with even more ridiculous hyperbole since you don't have any real facts or argument.

Ferentz's records against ISU, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Indiana is a damn good indicator of why he's overpaid and underachieved.