Do you approve of the job Kirk Ferentz is doing?

Do you approve of the job Kirk Ferentz is doing?

• Yes

Votes: 88 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 53.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe no one is listening?

Maybe that someone is you...

dawn+exploding+head.jpg

We pay the guy $4 million a year...he has to do better than this. I'd like to see nationwide how much each school is paying their coach per win they get. Kirk has to be the most expensive.
You don't pay the guy anything, unless you're one of the donors who's donations pay his salary. If so, I apologize.

Ferentz is one of if not the best coach in the country at putting the best team on the field for what he has to work with. As far as game day coaching goes he didn't forget cause he never learned how
I have never understood why people constantly use the exceuse that KF does well "with what he has to work with". What he has is sellouts every game..great facilities...total control of the program, full support of the administration. If people are talking about recruiting and lack of big time players in Iowa I can understand that theory. But remember, when we win 9..10 games in a year it's he same recruiting area as when we win 6 games.

Agreed

]You don't pay the guy anything, unless you're one of the donors who's donations pay his salary. If so, I apologize.[/QUOTE]

I've said this before. People complain that he gets paid too much for the results produced, but unless they are making those payments, what difference does it make to them? Should he be given a pay cut when we struggle? I'd love for someone to show me an example of a school who has ever paid its coach on a variable schedule like that.

No and I no longer care if the Hawks win or lose. Its amusing to watch Kirk and Co. have all these fake plays run against them time and again and never figure it out.

KF does a solid job for Iowa. We have had 3 straight bowl wins...and that is not common anywhere.

Like Jon pointed out we are 7th in overall recruiting in the BIG, that is not good enough for a $4 million dollar a year coach. Sorry but that's a fact!

The "what we have to work with crowd" always makes me laugh. What does Boise State have to work with ? What about Nebraska before they were so good, have you been to Nebraska? What did Duke Basketball have to work with before Coach K?

Heres a newsflash, the majority of great programs start off with "not much to work with" and good coaches take what they got and sell it and that makes them have pitches, and Ferentz is past that stage, IMO.

He has a ton of guys in the NFL, great and constantly improving facilities, a great town in Iowa City, a fan base that travels well and packs the stadium every Saturday, and we get to play on TV every weekend.

3 years 7 or fewer wins, 3 years 8 or more wins...

Don't know why anyone is surprised.

KF knows the team he has coming back. He knows if his players are strong enough to compete. So, when he has a unit coming back that is not weak and doesn't scramble to fix that problem, he is sending a clear message.

2005, 2006, 2007 front 7 was that way. 2011 is that way. Will he do what needs to be done to fix what looks to be a worse situation in 2012, or muddle along doing the same old thing?