Do we need a grad transfer wr

Kind of disappointing. We got a good punter last year. You'd think we could maybe get an upgrade

Kind of disappointing. We got a good punter last year. You'd think we could maybe get an upgrade
Gotta agree with this. Coluzzi showed the way. There has to be a great WR out there somewhere who is looking for a medical school. Someone buried on the roster of a prolific passing team who isn't getting enough playtime. Mr. Graduate! Iowa needs you!

We could use some help at Tight End, Offensive Tackle, Center, Guard, Quarterback, Fullback, Running Back.....

I doubt they'd turn a good one down... There has to be mutual interest obviously. I think a lot depends on Vandebergs health and J Smiths eligibility... We lose either or both of them for longer than expected and.......

Chit, we're loaded at WR. I digress.

Honest question. How common or rare are grad transfers? I mean, really, how many are there a year that graduate early with eligibility left. I think they are probably few and far between and you probably have to have the perfect situation, geography, etc.. to be a good fit. I don't think it's as easy as it sounds.

I doubt they'd turn a good one down... There has to be mutual interest obviously. I think a lot depends on Vandebergs health and J Smiths eligibility... We lose either or both of them for longer than expected and.......

^^This^^ What I was kind of trying to state. If there was a perfect situation or fit, I'm sure they'd try to get one, but I don't think they just fall in a teams lap like some think.

Anyone know anything about NCAA rules regarding contacting grad transfers? I'm guessing coaches probably aren't allowed to contact a player as long as they are enrolled at another school, so there probably wont be any news anyway until after the spring semester is over.

From what I heard, we don't plan on having to throw the ball. We have had Keegan Render at WR and the Paulson twins are alternating in the slot.