Do we like the Ohio State WR visiting today?

I didn't know much about him other than he was at OSU.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/roster/kaleb-brown/

#8 WR in the 2022 recruiting class, #62 overall in that class. If he is in the portal, you have to think his path to the field (or to NIL money) at OSU wasn't obvious. But OSU's WR room is essentially an NFL WR room, so he could absolutely come to Iowa and be our most talented guy. We will see.

I think he needs to hear this message. We sucked on offense because we didn't have good players. OLine sub standard players > no time to throw > for a QB who lacked mobility > who got sacked a lot > > to players who were not very good> punt a lot > few overall plays > low production. Good players mean more plays and more production. The run pass mix will remain close to 50/50

That's a tough call. But I'm assuming for some reason things didn't work out at tOSU. Playing time? Being surpassed or buried in depth chart. He very well would likely walk in and have potential to be our WR1 due to the lack of raw talent in our receivers room.

The question is, is he a fit? Does he have baggage? Is he aware of how our offense works and likely will be? The sales pitch will have to be pretty good. But spin it that we have struggled but we have added a solid quarterback and addressed our O-line issues with the hope of being able to utilize a balanced offense that will potentially have a solid passing game with his addition.

OMG yes we'd welcome him with open arms. Dude was a top 65 kid depending on who you subscribe to. He's a faster better version of what Tyrone Tracy was supposed to be for us. 5'10 195. After going through spring ball he found himself burried on OSUs depth chart probably figured he'd get leapfrogged by recruits coming up behind him too. He wants to play and be a difference maker. All players want to hear that when being recruited. Iowa allows that opportunity for sure. A WR like him to me is the difference between a 7 win season and maybe a 10 or more one. It'd almost be too good to be true to land him. Fingers crossed.

Anytime we get a kid on campus there is a shot. KF and team can sell. They sold McNamara and All.

I know nothing about this kid, but as long as he is not a giant jagoff I am in. If he is good enough for OSU he is more than good enough to come in and probably be our #1.

But, much like the Michigan WR, a castoff from a Top 10 program is too much for my Hawkeye Heart to hope for.

If we land this kid then a few folks here will be eating crow for some comments made on another thread about no WR worth a piss ever coming to Iowa. :)

Anytime we get a kid on campus there is a shot. KF and team can sell. They sold McNamara and All.

I know nothing about this kid, but as long as he is not a giant jagoff I am in. If he is good enough for OSU he is more than good enough to come in and probably be our #1.

But, much like the Michigan WR, a castoff from a Top 10 program is too much for my Hawkeye Heart to hope for.

If we land this kid then a few folks here will be eating crow for some comments made on another thread about no WR worth a piss ever coming to Iowa. :)
Cade has to be his lead recruiter I would think... So long as NIL is competitive I would think the opportunity to play and be a difference maker is right there for him. Can stay in the BIG. Just depends on what he's looking for I suppose.

Just my opinion, but any receiver who shows interest, let alone visits, should be on our radar. And we should be thrilled that he'd even visit, whether he transfers or not.

Ohio state recruits outstanding players. They don't make many mistakes. The problem there is that there are only so many positions available. Their second string would do very well in the Big Ten. Every year.

If we can get this kid on campus, I'm guessing he will play. A lot. And if he plays and has some success, it will be very profitable for him.

Heck, a great example is Charlie Jones. Iowa was a stepping stone, but an important one in his journey to the NFL.

KF, for the first time that I can recall, offered a transfer kid the starting job before he even stepped on campus and at the most important role on the field. If he is willing to do that, it would not be a stretch to promise this kid that he will start Fall camp as first string, but he has to earn it from there. I doubt many other Top 20 programs would do that. We are a playmaker at WR away from being a legitimate offense on paper.

(again, this all assumes his pedigree is legit and he won't be a dick or cancer in the locker room).

Do these kids even need to bother with visiting campus?? Just show up at the bank with lawyers who specialize in contract law……….. CHA CHING!!!!! $$$$$. You know all kidding aside there are probably threads of truth in my comments. Speaking of threads the recruits may show up in the following………..

KF, for the first time that I can recall, offered a transfer kid the starting job before he even stepped on campus and at the most important role on the field. If he is willing to do that, it would not be a stretch to promise this kid that he will start Fall camp as first string, but he has to earn it from there. I doubt many other Top 20 programs would do that. We are a playmaker at WR away from being a legitimate offense on paper.

(again, this all assumes his pedigree is legit and he won't be a dick or cancer in the locker room).
The good thing is Iowa did offer him coming out of HS too. And I don't think they'd have done all this and brought him in for a visit if any of that was the case. Feels like one box checked anyway. Iowa is being aggressive (finally) and It's a step the right direction

I think Fry is the only one here who is under 45 and he knows who Willie Guy is.
Woah woah not so fast. I too am 43 and know who the speedster Willie Guy is. No google necessary for me to remember who #1 was. Played Qb in HS and I bet if he came out today that's what he'd have been. He just didn't pan out as a WR all that great.

Ragini, Vines, Bostic and Jack Johnson might be enough to get to the Big Ten title game. Not super impressive, but you can get 100 receptions out of that group for a season.

Latest posts