Do we have a home-court advantage?

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
Zero because Iowa plays soft where ever they go., Iowa needs to play with chip on their shoulders and get some toughness.

May be imagining this but seems at times Hawks save their worst shooting performances for home. Other teams start out cold and you think great, gonna kick their butt! Then clank away opportunity to build a lead until other team starts shooting lights out.

We don’t have a road disadvantage...no travel, own arena, no hostile crowd. It’s better than being on the road.
Need to bring back the Fieldhouse to have any advantage again. I think the 9 other BIG teams designed Carver. Certainly not anyone wanting to give us an advantage

6-4 home record in Big10.

I thought it was hard to win on the road in the Big10?

Purdue 10-0
Michigan 9-1
MSU 8-1

Defend your home. Finish in top 4 and challenge for regular season. Simple as that.

Iowa loses Connie, Mary and Rut. Teams not more talented than Iowa. Can’t happen.

Fans have shown up.

Lately we shoot very poorly at home. I have no way to explain it.
Delclining ball movement. Tougher shots being taken later in shot clock. Players passing up shots.

Just look at a game from January compared to a game from the last two weeks. You will see what I mean.

Delclining ball movement. Tougher shots being taken later in shot clock. Players passing up shots.

Just look at a game from January compared to a game from the last two weeks. You will see what I mean.

Well you had to go ahead and state the obvious didn't you. Yes I've noticed this. The dribbling and not passing (passing moves the ball quicker, great if you aren't real quick) is obvious. Shooting poorer shots. Also seen are open shots missed, by all, and free throws being missed at a higher rate than before. Coaches, this is where you come in...……..

6-4 home record in Big10.

I thought it was hard to win on the road in the Big10?

Purdue 10-0
Michigan 9-1
MSU 8-1

Defend your home. Finish in top 4 and challenge for regular season. Simple as that.

Iowa loses Connie, Mary and Rut. Teams not more talented than Iowa. Can’t happen.

Fans have shown up.

With two of those teams in front of us in the standings I find it hard to say that Iowa is more talented than either team. Also after what I saw Rutgers do to us I'm not even sure I can honestly say were a more talented team than they are right now.

More talented? Maybe. Better team? Verdict is still out in my opinion.

With two of those teams in front of us in the standings I find it hard to say that Iowa is more talented than either team. Also after what I saw Rutgers do to us I'm not even sure I can honestly say were a more talented team than they are right now.

More talented? Maybe. Better team? Verdict is still out in my opinion.
I didn’t say Iowa was more talented. I said Connie and Mary are NOT more talented than Iowa and they beat Iowa on Iowa’s home floor. Talent is on same level. They are better teams.

My point was to show the statement “it’s so hard to win on the road in this conference” is a bit of a farce. Listen to coaches and commentators of other conferences and they say the same thing. It’s not a Big10 thing.

Good teams protect home court. Iowa’s 6-4 record isn’t protecting home court.

Definitely can’t throw turd games to home sell-out crowds to “lesser” teams like Rutgers

Most teams have their students lining the floor! Iowa, not so much! I think Barta may want to move them to the concourse so their noise doesn't bother the folks conversing near the action! I think I may have heard a complaint about squeaky shoes worn by the players.

I didn’t say Iowa was more talented. I said Connie and Mary are NOT more talented than Iowa and they beat Iowa on Iowa’s home floor. Talent is on same level. They are better teams.

My point was to show the statement “it’s so hard to win on the road in this conference” is a bit of a farce. Listen to coaches and commentators of other conferences and they say the same thing. It’s not a Big10 thing.

Good teams protect home court. Iowa’s 6-4 record isn’t protecting home court.

Definitely can’t throw turd games to home sell-out crowds to “lesser” teams like Rutgers

I would certainly agree that Iowa's failure to really protect the home court is a big disappointment. No excuse.

Most teams have their students lining the floor! Iowa, not so much! I think Barta may want to move them to the concourse so their noise doesn't bother the folks conversing near the action! I think I may have heard a complaint about squeaky shoes worn by the players.
No, they don't have students lining the floor in most BT venues. Wisconsin, for example, has the students in the same area in Kohl that Iowa has in CVH. And, students tickets have a waiting list in Madison. Just to be clear, having kids line the floor is fine with me.

I remember watching the Ohio State game and the students right behind our bench were standing and screaming at our coaches and players the whole game. That has to have an effect on some teams. Sort of like the situation we had at Kinnick until they took out a couple of rows behind the opponents bench.

Latest posts