Do Proctor and Nwankpa Stay?

Fryowa

Administrator
Does the country’s best O-Line recruit stay and play for a team that goes 3-8 or 4-7?

Same for Nwankpa standing on the sidelines and hearing all the hometown boos?

Right now they both have 4 years of eligibility and they can salvage their college careers 100%

The real question is this…would you blame them?

This can turn around as Kirk has shown in the past quickly. Get back some receivers and get the new ones on track and get healthy at running back and things can change. Or we lose all the close games. I think if we get a signature win against Michigan all is forgiven. It can happen. The Big is weak this year too. Iowa is not out of the division race by any means. The West might be worse than last year. They won't walk unless things really go to shit. Like losing at Rutgers or home against Nevada. Three words, early playing time.

This can turn around as Kirk has shown in the past quickly. Get back some receivers and get the new ones on track and get healthy at running back and things can change. Or we lose all the close games. I think if we get a signature win against Michigan all is forgiven. It can happen. The Big is weak this year too. Iowa is not out of the division race by any means. The West might be worse than last year. They won't walk unless things really go to shit. Like losing at Rutgers or home against Nevada. Three words, early playing time.
This offense is completely broken.

This isn’t a matter of getting a couple receivers back or switching quarterbacks. The whole thing from OL to QB to a garbage coordinator to missing WRs to a shitty scheme is completely broken.

This isn’t a matter of getting a couple receivers back or switching quarterbacks. The whole thing from OL to QB to a garbage coordinator to missing WRs to a shitty scheme is completely broken.
This

Is there a point where Barta being Brian’s boss because of the whole nepotism loophole step in and relieve Brian before he’s the AD that watched the ice berg get slowly closer to our titanic

How has our recruiting been over the past 5+ years? Lest we forget.
Our offense has been getting progressively worse during that period, and currently it’s the worst it’s been in the last 40+ years. At some point it’s going to impact and it’s going to happen soon.

Our offense has been getting progressively worse during that period, and currently it’s the worst it’s been in the last 40+ years. At some point it’s going to impact and it’s going to happen soon.

When does a change need to be made to salvage things? Are we past that point, or would a dramatic in-season move make a difference?

Instead of booing Petras we may soon hear "Fi-re Bri-an" chants from the crowd.

Of course the old man will notice and next thing you know we will be punting on first or second down, just so he can shove it up the booing fans' tan tracks. LOL

Instead of Back In Black perhaps the PA should play Springsteen's Thunder Road when the team comes out, because tens of thousands of paying customers are about to get bent over.

Completely agree the OC has made a poop show out of the O.

It's already starting to impact the team. Charlie Jones transferred to Purdue to get away from this and if we're being honest it was a great move. He has almost as many receiving yards this season as Iowa has total yards.

I don't even want to call what Iowa will be facing on the recruiting trail negative recruiting. Iowa is dead last in the nation at total yards per game right now with 158.00. The next lowest? The #130 team is New Mexico State and they have 230.7. They aren't just last, they are last by a mile. I don't really consider it negative recruiting if people just put the numbers in front of these kids.

What a weird situation Iowa is in. D and ST are not just good, they are elite. Iowa has more wins nationally in the past 5 years than all but a handful of programs. Recruiting has been trending up. And yet we are more pessimistic than we have been since 2014, and it all seems justified!

As Dochterman detailed in his Sunday article, this offensive debacle is not just an injury-driven fluke. This has been years in the making, it is just now truly hitting rock bottom. But still, there are way too many positives surrounding this program for things to be this dire, right? I feel like a bold move could largely right the ship. Bold moves are not exactly KF's forte, but he has changed before, can he do it again?

What a weird situation Iowa is in. D and ST are not just good, they are elite. Iowa has more wins nationally in the past 5 years than all but a handful of programs. Recruiting has been trending up. And yet we are more pessimistic than we have been since 2014, and it all seems justified!

As Dochterman detailed in his Sunday article, this offensive debacle is not just an injury-driven fluke. This has been years in the making, it is just now truly hitting rock bottom. But still, there are way too many positives surrounding this program for things to be this dire, right? I feel like a bold move could largely right the ship. Bold moves are not exactly KF's forte, but he has changed before, can he do it again?
Things are absolutely dire.

I've been a fan mostly supportive of KF being in office, but this is ultimately his fault by allowing his kid to completely fucking ruin the team. And yes, he's running the team because all 3 phases have to be there. You can have the #1 defense and #1 special teams unit in the country, but if you only score 5 points a game on average you're going to be in the spot the Hawks are now, and the future is going to collapse because of recruiting.

People are totally underestimating the effect that this shit is having on the future. To those of you who think things are fine, Charlie Jones and Tyrone Tracy say, "Hi."

It's not just the lack of offense. It is the symptom of a deep problems. Been there for years. The low hanging fruit is that there is now another solid program in the state. Skipping some but in the middle is no longer being able to manufacture Goliaths out of normal. Next is the big spot that if mentioned is almost the unpardonable sin. Lastly but biggest is stick with an oc that just isn't solid material. Most all of this still rests on one man's shoulders. Barta.

It is obvious that KF has issues we can disect and talk about. Getting back recevers isn't going to help much. I think back and 2 situations stick out in my mind. CJs brutalization against Florida and the continued running of AR into a strong and angry MSU D line that knew very well what was coming.

I'm not saying this team will win 9 games this year, but gun to my head, I'd still say 7 or 8. I mean, we had a chance to tie this game in the last seconds of the game but missed a FG in terrible weather. Not exactly dire in the large picture but without question changes need to be made. I don't blame Brian Ferentz at all, like not even a little bit. I think he's wanted to make a change at QB since last season. I blame his dad and only his dad. This is Kirks offense, always has been.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this team will win 9 games this year, but gun to my head, I'd still say 7 or 8. I mean, we had a chance to tie this game in the last seconds of the game but missed a FG. Not exactly dire in the large picture but without question changes need to be made. I don't blame Brian Ferentz at all, like not even a little bit. I think he's wanted to make a change at QB since last season. I blame his dad and only his dad. This is Kirks offense, always has been.

I mean, things really seem effed up right now, but I tend to agree.

Does the current situation really look worse (big-picture wise, not just the offense) then after we coughed up a big lead to Nebraska in 2014, followed by the Hawkslayer Bowl? At that point, everyone assumed the KF-era was over, and the only thing left to do was take out the trash. Since then Iowa has more wins (64) than all but 9 other P5 programs (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Okla, Georgia, ND, Wisc, Ok St, Mich).

So is this really unrecoverable? I find that hard to believe, especially since the problem is in one specific area (offense). Complicating matters is that the issue seems to be personnel, scheme, and coaching (that is a lot to fix). But I still think a few bold moves could move the O from historically putrid to just normal lousy.

Complicating matters is that the issue seems to be personnel, scheme, and coaching (that is a lot to fix). But I still think a few bold moves could move the O from historically putrid to just normal lousy.

The first part is true- the offense is a mess in every aspect.

But that means it would take more than a few bold moves to save this season.

The players are who they are, and any coaching / scheme changes would take a while to show results. Even if KF was a "bold move" coach...

Latest posts