DL

I would like to check this out but it looks to be premium content
You have to scroll down for the article. It’s not premium. It’s just one of the 1st links I saw when I googled his name, Max Scharping NFL draft. Apparently he only gave up 4 QB pressures in 459 pass attempts last year.

You have to scroll down for the article. It’s not premium. It’s just one of the 1st links I saw when I googled his name, Max Scharping NFL draft. Apparently he only gave up 4 QB pressures in 459 pass attempts last year.
Well I am just going to post that part of the article here since it is not premium. This is my bolding - someone tell me if he gave one up to us on Saturday please :)

. Max Scharping, Northern Illinois – 99.2
The face of pass protection among 2019 draft class tackles, Scharping ranked third in pass-blocking efficiency in 2015 (97.1), first in PBE in 2016 (98.9) and capped that by finishing first again in 2017 among his classmates. He allowed just four pressures a season ago, across 459 snaps in pass protection. The senior has allowed just 21 total QB pressures during his career at NIU on a whopping 1,377 pass-blocking snaps. Scharping has not allowed a sack since the Huskies bowl game against Boise State in 2015.

Well I am just going to post that part of the article here since it is not premium. This is my bolding - someone tell me if he gave one up to us on Saturday please :)

. Max Scharping, Northern Illinois – 99.2
The face of pass protection among 2019 draft class tackles, Scharping ranked third in pass-blocking efficiency in 2015 (97.1), first in PBE in 2016 (98.9) and capped that by finishing first again in 2017 among his classmates. He allowed just four pressures a season ago, across 459 snaps in pass protection. The senior has allowed just 21 total QB pressures during his career at NIU on a whopping 1,377 pass-blocking snaps. Scharping has not allowed a sack since the Huskies bowl game against Boise State in 2015.

Eppy beat Scharping straight up for a sack. Hesse beat him on a stunt for a sack when he was playing DT. Not sure the number of QB pressures but there were some of those as well.

Too much credit for going up against MAC talent & Nebraska's defensive front. He's been tested. He's been eaten alive. He's been spat out. He didn't make the grade.

Eppy beat Scharping straight up for a sack. Hesse beat him on a stunt for a sack when he was playing DT. Not sure the number of QB pressures but there were some of those as well.
I thought Eppy beat him but wasn't sure about the others. I was at the game and sometimes you can see better on tv at home. Thanks

Iowa should be real good at the defensive ends and should be able to get pressure without a lot of blitzing to help protect the back 7. The only question will be replacing Bazata in the middle but I think with the overall depth Iowa has they should be able to do it. Hopefully, Lattimore has really progressed this year and is ready to take that spot.

Iowa should be real good at the defensive ends and should be able to get pressure without a lot of blitzing to help protect the back 7. The only question will be replacing Bazata in the middle but I think with the overall depth Iowa has they should be able to do it. Hopefully, Lattimore has really progressed this year and is ready to take that spot.

Ironically, the bold above coincides with the years Iowa has had outstanding seasons. It's a must the way Iowa plays defense.

Latest posts