DJK's Receiving #'s

MelroseHawkins

One can only image how much more his numbers would be increased without the playing time or games lost earlier in his career when he would periodically get into the "doghouse". Even when he did dress for games, he clearly was sidelined at times when in the doghouse.

His records are even more impressive when you think about it. It would be interesting knowing where they could have ended up.

Does anybody have the number of games or quarters he has missed over the years?

Last edited:
Not just games and quarters, but he has been a platoon player for many games. A lot of games last year, he and McNutt subbed in and out for each other (while Stross played most of the time). Even the first few games this year, he and Sandeman were alternating every other series.

Another thing to look at for the receiving record and numbers with Kevin Kasper was Kasper was starting receiver from 1998-2000 when we were 8-27. Imagine what his #'s would be like if he was on a winning team or had a QB like Ricky Stanzi.

One can only image how much more his numbers would be increased without the playing time or games lost earlier in his career when he would periodically get into the "doghouse". Even when he did dress for games, he clearly was sidelined at times when in the doghouse.

His records are even more impressive when you think about it. It would be interesting knowing where they could have ended up.

Does anybody have the number of games or quarters he has missed over the years?

I am going to look at it from a different perspective...Maybe the time in the "doghouse" has taught him the lessons that he needed to get him where he is at today. He is having a great year and hopefully those lessons prepared him in his growth both on and off the football field

I feel like I made a thread similar to the point of this one a few days ago.

I do agree though, his numbers could be a lot higher.

Hey, KF just said he wasn't in the "dog house" he was just "inconsistent."

While his attitude and "style" certainly didn't help him in his first two years here, I still swear that his stint in the doghouse had MUCH more to do with his overall lack of desire to block. Watch some of Shonn Greene's highlight videos, and you'll almost always see DJK down field, dancing with a defender and rarely engaging him.

But then when he got out of the doghouse last year, the VERY first thing I saw was a tremendous improvement in his downfield blocking. He's done an excellent job of that ever since.

Kirk's take on that subject all but confirms this to me, even though DJK wasn't inconsistent, he was just consistently poor at blocking downfield those first two years.

Latest posts