DJK's Facebook Fanpage Status (LOL)

Kirk Ferentz is a great man. DJK is a great man. They have different personalities. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less. Some of you here like to WAY overanalyze things. Just let some things go. There really is not anything more to this story.

And the ones personally taking shots at DJK are punks. Way to sit behind a computer screen and take shots at one of our own. DJK is a GREAT football player, one of the best of all-time at our University. He is also a great ambassador for our football program. He actually referred to himself as "Hawk-Koulianos" to me once. He loves it here. How about showing a little love back? GO HAWKS!!!

My daughter and I met DJK tonight. He could not have been any nicer. He made a point of stopping to talk to my kid after signing a poster for her. He looked her in the eye and asked her how she was doing. He made her night.

How come nobody has mentioned the fact that Tweeting and Facebook status updates are the EXACT same thing? Is DJK playing a loop-hole here? There's no argument against the fact that Ferentz has made it clear to the players that tweeting is not allowed. But Facebook status updates are? They just made a big deal about this by the way, on the BTN tonight. They even quoted DJK's latest Facebook update regarding he and Ferentz' little issue. I don't like where this is going, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Coach "killjoy" makes DJK ride the pine because of it.

My daughter and I met DJK tonight. He could not have been any nicer. He made a point of stopping to talk to my kid after signing a poster for her. He looked her in the eye and asked her how she was doing. He made her night.

He does that a lot. He is genuinely one of the nicest, most outgoing and caring people I have ever met.

How come nobody has mentioned the fact that Tweeting and Facebook status updates are the EXACT same thing? Is DJK playing a loop-hole here? There's no argument against the fact that Ferentz has made it clear to the players that tweeting is not allowed. But Facebook status updates are? They just made a big deal about this by the way, on the BTN tonight. They even quoted DJK's latest Facebook update regarding he and Ferentz' little issue. I don't like where this is going, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Coach "killjoy" makes DJK ride the pine because of it.

I have mentioned this before. His DJK "fan page" on Facebook is the EXACT same thing as Twitter. No doubt DJK has found a loophole. He has people "following" him on there by "becoming a fan."

You know I guess it never came to people that DJK talks to his friends and tells him how he feels and people out there would know the inner workings of his relationship better than something that came out of his own mouth about his coach...

So let me ask people this, would it shock you to know that there really isn't a relationship there at all, meaning no small talk on the practice field between the two, the relationship goes about as far as the 30 sec soundbites you hear at the press conferences...

You know I guess it never came to people that DJK talks to his friends and tells him how he feels and people out there would know the inner workings of his relationship better than something that came out of his own mouth about his coach...

So let me ask people this, would it shock you to know that there really isn't a relationship there at all, meaning no small talk on the practice field between the two, the relationship goes about as far as the 30 sec soundbites you hear at the press conferences...

And I'm sure he appreciates having his friends, who he has confided in, spilling his feelings out on message boards. So either you're full of it, or you're not a very good friend.

Awesome EDR - Thanks for posting that link. I never knew that info. That just tells me he has true rapport and respect with KF. He is doing what he is being told for his own good and he knows it. I hope the story (b/n KF and DJK) does not get blown out of proportion in the regional and national media, the real story is his life story.

I also like reading the posts of how he is with the kids etc. I am certainly glad he is a Hawkeye, and I don't think any player at Iowa who has been groomed to play as a team player, and to make an eventual attempt at the next level, would dis any of the coaches, especially KF, who helped him achieve that. Go diez y cinco!

DJK is a great person, he's just different than players we have had in the past. He is very entertaining and I know I will greatly miss his personality and play on the field. I remember during an interview DJK said if he could he would meet and spend 10 minutes with every Hawkeye fan. I don't remember a Hawkeye ever giving back as much to the fans as he has.

DJK is a great person, he's just different than players we have had in the past. He is very entertaining and I know I will greatly miss his personality and play on the field. I remember during an interview DJK said if he could he would meet and spend 10 minutes with every Hawkeye fan. I don't remember a Hawkeye ever giving back as much to the fans as he has.

I think there are quite a few young kids who spend a great deal of time in the UIHC that would point to Ricky. Have you ever seen the pictures he has with those kids? They honestly bring tears to my eyes, seeing just how much joy spending time with Ricky brings those kids, and how much it brings Ricky for spending time with them.

I think there are quite a few young kids who spend a great deal of time in the UIHC that would point to Ricky. Have you ever seen the pictures he has with those kids? They honestly bring tears to my eyes, seeing just how much joy spending time with Ricky brings those kids, and how much it brings Ricky for spending time with them.

Yes I have and I completely agree. I feel the same way. It's awesome seeing what Ricky and the other guys do.

On the BTN last night DiNardo really had a problem with DJK's "Captain Kirk" comment as being disrespectful. I think you could argue that point, so why can he Facebook but not Tweet? On the other hand DiNardo also made a great point about communication skills being vital skill beyond the football field so why stifle it with a media ban?

Aside from that there have been some very well spoken players in this program such as Edds and Vandervelde and some damn funny ones such as Pat Angerer but no one has the combination of those skills like DJK has that always made him worth listening to, unlike about 80% of most player interviews (see BW from media day). I personally feel Kirk is making a big mistake by putting the muzzle on DJK and even more so as DJK is about to make Hawkeye history as the all time best WR.

On the BTN last night DiNardo really had a problem with DJK's "Captain Kirk" comment as being disrespectful. I think you could argue that point, so why can he Facebook but not Tweet? On the other hand DiNardo also made a great point about communication skills being vital skill beyond the football field so why stifle it with a media ban?

Aside from that there have been some very well spoken players in this program such as Edds and Vandervelde and some damn funny ones such as Pat Angerer but no one has the combination of those skills like DJK has that always made him worth listening to, unlike about 80% of most player interviews (see BW from media day). I personally feel Kirk is making a big mistake by putting the muzzle on DJK and even more so as DJK is about to make Hawkeye history as the all time best WR.

The article on TOS made it sound like if/when DJK breaks the record, his muzzle will at least temporarily removed. I don't think there's really any serious bad blood between Ferentz and DJK. The post on Facebook, given Ferentz's comments at his presser, seemed like a joke, nothing serious. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling like Ferentz and DJK may not have the best of relationships, but they do respect each other. I don't have too big of a problem with the muzzle. DJK still gets to speak his mind (Facebook) a little, but he doesn't run as much risk of becoming a distraction. Like it or not, he does have a big mouth, and Ferentz doesn't want to chance him saying something to the media that will end up on a bulletin board.

That's a fan page of DJK, so it is him or someone else?

It's him. Not sure there is any way to actually prove it, but DJK's personal profile page is a member of the DJK fan page. Also....some of the recent photos posted on the fan page would lead me to believe that it is actually him.

As mentioned before, he found a "loophole" in Kirk's rules. A fan page on FB is nothing more than a twitter page.

I love DJK and I think he will leave here with the record book....HOWEVER
We are sitting with 1 loss right now and a few dropped passes... 1 in particular in that loss.

I am not saying the loss was DJK's fault at all, it was special teams. I am just saying if you are going to talk an A+ game then you better not leave any room for mistakes. I agree with KF on this.

This is priceless!!

So you're such a great friend that you take what he's told you in confidence and blab it to thousands of people on a Hawkeye message board? Either that or you're full of sh!t. I'll take the latter.

Latest posts