DJK's Facebook Fanpage Status (LOL)

rdubbs

Banned
Derrell Johnson-Koulianos Finally Captain Kirk has put my issues with the media to bed! For those who read his comments today, there you have it! Coach Killjoy and Mr. Fun-Haver have reached a mutual agreement - Playing time over T.V. time! Some may be disappointed with my decision, but I feel it is unnecessary to jeopardize this opportunity fo...r a few media sound bites. See you in January! M.P.O.D.

KF doesn't want any Terrell Owens or Chad Johnson's on the team.

What exactly have been his issues with the media? Can't remember. Is it more that he says the wrong things or in the wrong way? I don't recall any particular moments but I am not living down in the Iowa City area.

DJK is good for KF. He needs to be able to deal with 5* attitudes if he ever wants to take that final step. It's a fine balance between letting these guys be themselves and allowing them to be distractions.

I think when DJK came in he was a little too much on the talkative side and I'm pretty sure Kirk wants him to focus on studies/football and not what his next quote is gonna be

I think KF comes off looking very badly with the way he has handled this situation, DJK isn't out breaking the laws like some athletes KF has no problem letting talk to the media. So DJK may be a little colorful or flashy just because he doesn't conform to the way KF wants his athletes to dress or talk doesn't make KF right.

I think it will be an absolute shame when DJK breaks the records that he won't be able to say something or be asked questions by the media and just reflect back on his accomplishments while here at the University.

Wouldn't it be better to have DJK as a positive recruiter for us after his time here at Iowa?? Do you really think DJK will be saying a lot of great things about KF once he leaves here, after being gagged by the good captain since he has worn the uniform we all love???

I don't feel anything that DJK has said has been a distraction...

These are all questions KF should be asking himself.... IMHO

Last edited:
DJK is good for KF. He needs to be able to deal with 5* attitudes if he ever wants to take that final step. It's a fine balance between letting these guys be themselves and allowing them to be distractions.

+1 Agree 100% Well said.

"Coach Killjoy" LMFAO.

The fact that Mr. Fun Haver feels free to say that indicates to me that coach and player have a pretty solid relationship.

"Coach Killjoy" LMFAO.

The fact that Mr. Fun Haver feels free to say that indicates to me that coach and player have a pretty solid relationship.

I know for a FACT that the comment above to be the furthest thing from the truth... That's all I'm gonna say...

I think KF comes off looking very badly with the way he has handled this situation, DJK isn't out breaking the laws like some athletes KF has no problem letting talk to the media. So DJK may be a little colorful or flashy just because he doesn't conform to the way KF wants his athletes to dress or talk doesn't make KF right.

I think it will be an absolute shame when DJK breaks the records that he won't be able to say something or be asked questions by the media and just reflect back on his accomplishments while here at the University.

Wouldn't it be better to have DJK as a positive recruiter for us after his time here at Iowa?? Do you really think DJK will be saying a lot of great things about KF once he leaves here, after being gagged by the good captain since he has worn the uniform we all love???

Welcome to the board DJK.

Meh. For those who say "But...but...DJK has never really said anything bad!", perhaps it's because of the rules Kirk has in place?

Who really knows what goes on behind closed doors? Maybe KF has had issues before with DJK saying or doing things that aren't appropriate or are 'detrimental to the team'? Maybe he's just concerned DJK will spend more time on Facebook, Twitter, etc than studying or practicing? I don't know, and most likely, neither do any of you.

All the 'feelings' we have about the guy are just that. We aren't Coach Ferentz, and I'll leave full judgment on the matter to him.

Personally, I don't understand it either, and whatever I have seen about DJK, he seems to come off as a pretty fun loving guy, but who takes his position on the team very seriously.

Edr -

I see your point... I just think that it's so obvious to me and to others that there is a personalilty conflict with these two and KF isn't being consistant and is treating DJK differently then other players...

Do you see him doing this with other players??? Heck even players who have been in trouble with the law are allowed to talk to the media, Clayborn, Hampton, Binns just to name a few...

Nice Flame Hawkeyescott... why don't you go troll somewhere else...

You're right, it only took 1,300 post for someone to figure out I was trolling this board. :rolleyes:

Don't come here with your 5 post and claim you know someone that knows someone that knows the kind of relationship KF and DJK have.

Either spit it out about how you know or keep it to yourself and just ignore stuff if you don't want to give away contacts or sources.

I couldn't disagree more. We don't want 5* primadona's! We want guys that are willing to come in and work hard. Yes we need talent, but we want guys that buy into the Kirk Ferentz way (the Iowa Way). And if you don't want to obey Kirk's rules, then there is the door. We DEFINITELY DO NOT want to go back to 2006 and 2007 again when there was SEVERE CANCER on our football team. You either play football the Iowa Way or go somewhere else. I love how Kirk wants a down-to-earth level kid. Kirk doesn't want 5* arrogant kids. That has never, ever fit the Kirk Ferentz way or the Iowa way. We have finished in the top 8 of the final AP Poll, 4 times in the last 8 years playing/teaching football the Kirk Ferentz way. Only a handful of teams in the entire country can say the same thing. I believe the Kirk Ferentz way is working and he is not going to change his ways. Kirk has always been a down-to-earth guy and he is going to preach that to all of his players.

DJK to world: No sound bites till January | TheGazette
After reading this I have no doubt that this relationship is built on mutual respect even though they are in different worlds.

Killjoy was Ferentz' term, not DJK's.
"He’s really a pleasant guy. Like I told you before, it’s not like we’re cats and dogs at all. I’m the killjoy and he’s the fun guy, so… Old guy/young guy. One of those deals."

Latest posts