DJK Tweet

I don't know about a 2 game suspension�that seems pretty lenient... Unless we were Oregon or in the SEC, of course.However, did they ever actually confirm DJK was using? From what it sounded like... He wasn't using coke, but lived in a drug house and his roommate was a dealer. I could be wrong though�I stopped paying attention pretty early on into the whole ordeal.Regardless, I don't think that DJK deserves to be completely shunned from the program for making a mistake. It was a big one, but I don't think it is any bigger of a mistake than driving while drunk, but people often tend to dismiss that as no big deal... until they end up causing a car accident and kill someone.And despite the attitude many fans and the coaching staff have had towards DJK after the incident... He has made a point to let everyone know he is a hawkeye for life (until now).It is like making a mistake in a relationship with a girlfriend�she ends up dumping you� you keep asking for her back and for forgiveness�she keeps turning you away. If you keep getting turned down and shut out... eventually you give up.DJK is nowhere near perfect and a lot of his crap annoys me (I'm not a big fan of him), but he was and has tried to be a hawkeye even after he messed up... which is more than I can say for A LOT of guys that transfer out after experiencing a run-in with the staff or they make a mistake.
While I partly agree with pieces of this, you're off base one one key point.Yes, you can liken this to being dumped by a girl; you try to earn her forgiveness, but she keeps turning you away, and you give up. But considering what DJK did, and all he brought on the program last December (not to mention all the other little things over the years), it's more like you were cheating on that girl. And expecting to be welcomed back after a year is like expecting that girl to forgive you within a week. Not happening, nor should it.

Or getting fired from a previous employer but still showing up for the company picnic and being surprised when they tell you to leave.

I really don't think DJK is that stupid and just puts stuff like that out there to make sure people don't forget him.

look-at-me-please.jpg

the difference between djk and ballard is the publicity of each. djk was very public with his arrest and the black mark it brought on iowa. ballard though still a bad situation was not as public so it was less of a black mark. his because his season was over just affected his draft status. while djk affected the team and his chance of being in the nfl since it was during the season. neither one is ok but it is easy to see why people arent as mad at ballard.

Latest posts