DJK leads Nation's receivers in Texas vs. Nation All-Star Game

Drafted based on talent? Yes. But he'll need to convince potential NFL teams that he has learned his lesson, and won't be abusing coke, prescription pills and marijuana.

without the arrest, a definite yes to getting drafted. i'm sure he would have been at the senior bowl without it.
now, not sure, we'll see.

He will be a very popular free agent. He had a positive test for drugs when arrested. Not sure where that will put him in the NFL drug program, but he will face scrutiny. To go with other character issues, will cause teams to be very careful with him. He also seemed to flatten out in production his last year or two and I felt McNutt was a better receiver this year.

Too many flops in the NFL due to attitude issues to warrant wasting a draft pick.

Will be interesting to see if has a combine invite.

He does have that cocky prima donna attitude. Why is always wide receivers that act like this? Well I think he's worth a draft pick, but it's not even the drugs thing that makes him a liability in my mind, it's the whole thing where he just won't shut up and play the game.

Too talented to pass on though. I think he gets drafted.

And I don't think he got a combine invite.

I read a scouting report on him about a week ago. They seemed to think he'd get drafted in late rounds yet, but said he needs to do well in his interviews and show that he has learned per the scout.

Free Agent is the most likely route for DJK. It's the best for the team that takes him and for DJK.

It's a no-lose for the team that brings him into camp. He could be a steal if he shines and convinces coaches and management that his character is not an issue.

I can't see him going undrafted. I think somebody grabs him, even if it is in the 7th round. The prima donna attitude is not a big deal. I have a feeling that will go away once he gets into training camp, and if you can help them win, NFL teams really don't care what kind of person you are. Getting arrested on some minor drug charges really aren't that big of a deal. He'll be a good 5th WR, slot/possesion guy for some team.

Hey, Coach Caldwell is an Iowa guy. Maybe he'll give DJK a chance. I'm sure Koulianos would thrive with Manning.

Hey, Coach Caldwell is an Iowa guy. Maybe he'll give DJK a chance. I'm sure Koulianos would thrive with Manning.

I've thought about that myself. He'd be a GREAT fit in the slot with Peyton. DJK runs great routes, and in the slot, that should be enough to get him open with consistency.

I don't understand how you can learn from your mistakes, when you pretty much have had zero consequences.

I don't understand how you can learn from your mistakes, when you pretty much have had zero consequences.

zero consequences? It cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars and shamed him and his family.

how many other peeps convicted of a misdemeanor get those kind of "zero consequences"?