DJK interview. Some good info here.

Interesting take by DJK on how he feels how close they were to being in the NT game if they did not lose Stanzi.

Tate and Narinskiy have a great podcast. I think they have some great stories and provide a perspective that can't be found anywhere else. I think it's the second part of the Busch interview that Tate mentions the drama with Christensen, nothing in depth but some of their comments provide an insight that most of us would otherwise never know.

Umm, yeah maybe Moeaki was more athletic than Clark, but how anyone can say Moeaki was the better TE over Clark is beyond me. I think there might be too many collective concussions in that podcast.

I always enjoy listening to their podcast. During the Busch interview it was interesting to hear Tate speak of how stubborn the coaching staff could be. He mentioned that a certain iso play would only work if Busch was in but the coaches still insisted on running with Busch out of the game.

I always enjoy listening to their podcast. During the Busch interview it was interesting to hear Tate speak of how stubborn the coaching staff could be. He mentioned that a certain iso play would only work if Busch was in but the coaches still insisted on running with Busch out of the game.

That's where the "execution" or lack thereof comes from...our coaches call plays and expect it to be executed (a.k.a. work) perfectly regardless of the personnel group on the field...which is fine many times...but they don't seem to be flexible to call plays suitable to the players on the field (unless its like the one guy's signiture play like the Jonathon Parker jet sweep, or the Damond Powell bubble screen)...how many times did Mark Weisman unsuccessfully run the stretch play cause he was simply too slow...

That's where the "execution" or lack thereof comes from...our coaches call plays and expect it to be executed (a.k.a. work) perfectly regardless of the personnel group on the field...which is fine many times...but they don't seem to be flexible to call plays suitable to the players on the field (unless its like the one guy's signiture play like the Jonathon Parker jet sweep, or the Damond Powell bubble screen)...how many times did Mark Weisman unsuccessfully run the stretch play cause he was simply too slow...

Iowa is already too predictable as it is now, just think if they only ran certain plays with certain personnel..........just say'in.

I enjoy many of the podcasts out there but the Anton/Drew huddlecast have really grown on me because they bring in former players and often give some brief insight behind the curtains. Great stories of humor and what it's like to be teammates and play at that level. Can be hard to understand/hear in some spots but good stuff overall.

I enjoy the podcast too. At times, I can feel brain cells fading away but that's usually when Drew comes out of no where with some really astute commentary or addition that helps me understand the program better. It's interesting how many times they have validates what most of us have talked about on these boards (Jake C's dad was a challenge, where coaches handcuff players, not wanting anyone who is "flashy").

DJK's interview left me thinking he was more likable than I had thought before. He added some interesting perspective about how the coaches felt about him and how they utilize skill players. Worth a listen.

Their podcast has gotten better in the last year.

I'll have to check out the DJK one. I listened to PlannedSickDay's podcast where he had DJK on and he had some good stuff to say. Mainly said he was to blame for being in the Ferentz doghouse.

Latest posts