DJK had his Pro Day today

I disagree. A touchback would put the ball on the 25. Unless you are kicking to Hester, I think most teams believe that they can stop someone before the 25 yard line because they will be able to put much more height on the kick. There will not be a noticeable drop-off in the number of returns.

I would think that, with the shorter distance, they will kick the ball higher - leaving less room for a return. Kick-offs could become like punts, where the coverage team is racing down to meet the returner when he catches the ball...

I see DJK getting a lot of support on his FB page about the workout and the article that came with it. I for one thinks he needs to let it go and move on. He made his bed and he needs to lie in it to learn a tough lesson. There are consequnces for ones actions, don't know if hill ever be publicly welcomed back into the KF Hawkeye family.

Where has he complained? He understands that his actions have consequences. He's asked for a few minor things (helmet, pro day), but he's not made any kind of fuss over not getting them, because he understands that he screwed things up for himself (as well as teammates and coaches). There's no harm in asking. He's handled all of that sort of stuff very well, IMO.

I have no problem with him getting an interview like this. If the papers still feel that he's newsworthy, then why shouldn't he?

Where has he complained? He understands that his actions have consequences. He's asked for a few minor things (helmet, pro day), but he's not made any kind of fuss over not getting them, because he understands that he screwed things up for himself (as well as teammates and coaches). There's no harm in asking. He's handled all of that sort of stuff very well, IMO.

I have no problem with him getting an interview like this. If the papers still feel that he's newsworthy, then why shouldn't he?
I don't care that he gets interviewed or has a pro day or whatever.

All I'm saying is that he is just like anyone else and there are consequences for his sctions. He has nobody to blame but himself for the troubles he has or had. Does he really think the coaching staff at Iowa was going to rave about him after all the drama he brought on by himself? He just seems to make it seem like it wasn't his fault a 100% an that all should be forgiven and it doesn't work that way.

I don't care that he gets interviewed or has a pro day or whatever.

All I'm saying is that he is just like anyone else and there are consequences for his sctions. He has nobody to blame but himself for the troubles he has or had. Does he really think the coaching staff at Iowa was going to rave about him after all the drama he brought on by himself? He just seems to make it seem like it wasn't his fault a 100% an that all should be forgiven and it doesn't work that way.

What do you base that on, though? You mentioned the support he's getting on Facebook. If people want to support him, that's their choice. But he's not been throwing anyone under the bus or pointing fingers, and he's not complained (at least not publicly) about the coaches not "raving" about him. Given his current status, he can't afford to do that.

Without a pro day he is probably a 7th round pick or a FA pickup. With a pro day and the solid numbers he put up, 4-6 is my guess.

I have no idea where or if DJK will get drafted, but I have no doubt he will make an impact for some team. I would not bet against him.

He is an absolute gamer who likes having the odds against him. I also would not be surprised if he finds trouble again after achieving some success in the NFL.

All else aside, a first team all-big ten receiver who was 8th in the country in kickoff returns and appears to be the second strongest receiver in the draft is most definitely NFL material.

if its true that the staff is poor mouthing DJK to NFL people Im very disappointed. He messed up, is paying for his mess, let it go Kirk. If he was such a huge problem, grow some balls and dont play him.

if its true that the staff is poor mouthing DJK to NFL people Im very disappointed. He messed up, is paying for his mess, let it go Kirk. If he was such a huge problem, grow some balls and dont play him.

If I called on someone's references and they filled me full of fluff about the person then I'd be more upset with the reference than the actual employee.

Ferentz' isn't going to risk his reputation in the NFL for DJK.

Listen Hawkeye Nation, its healthy to appreciate DJK because he gave us memorable moments...but let's not get carried away. The kid isn't an NFL receiver, on any level. I wish DJK all the best, but he won't be playing on Sundays.
Might just be the dumbest post ever on HN. Congrats. You are a WINNER.

If I called on someone's references and they filled me full of fluff about the person then I'd be more upset with the reference than the actual employee.

Ferentz' isn't going to risk his reputation in the NFL for DJK.

This. His only other option would be to decline being a character reference, which would either tell teams all they need to know, or leave too much to the imagination. Better off giving it to them straight. I think he's going to get drafted regardless.

Do we have to go through this discussion again??

No, not all NFL receivers have 4.4 speed.

For example, Jerry Rice didn't have 4.4 speed.
What made Rice an elite NFL receiver was his height, playmaking ability, ability to get open, and work ethic.
I'm not sure DJK has any of those characteristics.

Is DJK a proven route runner?

Latest posts