DJK had his Pro Day today

"The 5-foot-11, 200-pounder registered a 9-10 broad jump and a 34 1/2 inch vertical leap.

He bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times.

He had a 4.42 short shuttle, a 6.92 three-cone drill and an 11.92 60-yard shuttle."

wow, thought he was taller than that. good speed though. and stronger than i would have guessed.

He definitely measured shorter than I thought he would. I'm 5'10", and he seemed more than just an inch taller than me when I had the chance to meet him.

Timed a bit fast than I expected, too. I was expecting more like 4.55 tops. Not at all surprised with his bench reps. He is ripped.

They measure in barefeet,and he came in at 5'11.5'',so in shoes he is close to 6'1''.

I think he is going to be a productive NFL player,and I hope the Bears grab him in round 6 or 7 ,if he is there.

Listen Hawkeye Nation, its healthy to appreciate DJK because he gave us memorable moments...but let's not get carried away. The kid isn't an NFL receiver, on any level. I wish DJK all the best, but he won't be playing on Sundays.

Listen Hawkeye Nation, its healthy to appreciate DJK because he gave us memorable moments...but let's not get carried away. The kid isn't an NFL receiver, on any level. I wish DJK all the best, but he won't be playing on Sundays.

I wouldnt be too sure of that. He is a more than capable kick/punt returner. There is a huge premium on a guy that can do those things and play WR. Above average blocker.

No way is he a #1 or #2. But he could very easily make a living as a slot receiver, where route running and quickness is at more of a premium than speed.

If guys like Brandon Stokely and Anthony Gonzalez can make a healthy living in the NFL, I think DJK will at least make a roster and help a team out on special teams at the very least.

Here is an ACT question for you.

VH is to DJK as _______ is to Stanzi.

(hint: its the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage. :))

If he has truly learned his lesson, he will find a spot.

I see DJK getting a lot of support on his FB page about the workout and the article that came with it. I for one thinks he needs to let it go and move on. He made his bed and he needs to lie in it to learn a tough lesson. There are consequnces for ones actions, don't know if hill ever be publicly welcomed back into the KF Hawkeye family.

4.5 is plenty fast to play WR in the NFL. You guys are acting like all WR in the NFL run 4.4's. The reality is there are only a handful of of them. 4.5 would easily put DJK in the middle of the pack.

You're insane. DJK will get drafted. Don't forget his ability on kick off returns too.

Something to watch is the vote on changing kickoff rules, which if they happen, would basically eliminate KO returns.
I disagree. A touchback would put the ball on the 25. Unless you are kicking to Hester, I think most teams believe that they can stop someone before the 25 yard line because they will be able to put much more height on the kick. There will not be a noticeable drop-off in the number of returns.

If they change the KO rules, it could get a lot toughter for DJK to make it on a team. Still, if he is willing to cover kick-offs/punts, I suspect he will find a place.

Latest posts