Divisions setup nicely for ND invite

WhitUp

The table seems to be setup nicely for Notre Dame to join our division. Nice little card for Delaney to play. Hey ND if you join you can be with your rivals mich and msu, with a little bonus of nebreska. And since I'm sure Delaney knows that Iowa could care two craps about the cross with Purdue(ND gets all 3 of it's big ten rivals). He could offer them Purdue as the cross and Iowa gets Rutgers or whoever else joins. Could Notre Dame be on our schedule every year too????

Last edited:
The table seems to be setup nicely for Notre Dame to join our division. Nice little card for Delaney to play. Hey ND if you join you can be with your rivals mich and msu, with a little bonus of nebreska. And since I'm sure Delaney knows that Iowa could care two craps about the cross with Purdue(ND gets all 3 of it's big ten rivals). He could offer them Purdue as the cross and Iowa gets Rutgers or whoever else joins. Could Notre Dame be on our schedule every year too????

I think that the Big 10 is done expanding UNLESS Notre Dame says they want in. We weren't able to pressure them into this time around, so I don't think they will try that again. But if Notre Dame says "We want in", then it will probably expand again. Even though I'm almost to the point where I want to just tell them to f*** off, you've had your chances.

I am probably one of the few b10ers that has no desire for ND...don't get me wrong, I understand the national argument/brand and history blahblahblah...After two attempts of getting them to join, I am with tm in telling them to **** off.

I would like to see ND, Mizzou, Pitt, and Kansas, but I think Delany is eyeing Rutgers and Maryland after Notre Dame.

I am also one of the few who probably wants to stick at 12! going back to earlier Delany quotes..."the idea of a conference is to play the teams in your conference as often as possible." I really don't like the idea of going to 16 or even 14...perfectly happy sitting at 12!

I would like to see ND, Mizzou, Pitt, and Kansas, but I think Delany is eyeing Rutgers and Maryland after Notre Dame.

I Think we will add the following schools Boston college, Maryland, Rutgers, Mizz. Unless ND decides to join which i don't see happening. This would Give us a allot of TV revenue based on the population from these states. We would add roughly 20 million viewers.

I really don't think the big ten will expand until ND comes around, or some other big fish decides to join. Are they really going to expand Rutgers and Maryland??? That seems like expansion just for the sake of expansion.

The Fainting Irish contract with NBC is up in 2015. There is talk that NBC may look to end the relationship. The Big10 is looking to go to 9 conference games in 2015...coincidence?

The B10 isn't lining anything up for ND to join. And if you've followed ND's scheduling moves they are preparing themselves for the potential of playing no B10 rivals. If ND joins it isn't going to be because Delaney and the B10 ushered a way in for them...it will be on the same terms PSU and Nebraska joined, they will ask us if they can join and they will come in with no special favor.

The B10 isn't lining anything up for ND to join. And if you've followed ND's scheduling moves they are preparing themselves for the potential of playing no B10 rivals. If ND joins it isn't going to be because Delaney and the B10 ushered a way in for them...it will be on the same terms PSU and Nebraska joined, they will ask us if they can join and they will come in with no special favor.

Delaney's ultimate goal has always been to get Notre Dame in. No matter if just happened to workout this way or if Delaney made it setup like this, it's card that he's going to try and play. I think it's a bit naive to think this wasn't in the back of his mind all along.

Unfortunately, Notre Dame won't be joining the Big Ten so you might as well stop speculating. They have just added 6 games with BYU and have recently scheduled in the future Texas and Miami (FL). Given the Pac 10's failure to expand other than Colorado, they will still keep Stanford and USC in addition to Navy. I would expect the long-standing rivalry with Michigan to continue as with MSU. In any case, regardless of the NBC contract, from their perspective (and I don't agree being a grad of Iowa and ND), they benefit too much from being independent (BCS clause, not sharing bowl revenues, etc.).

Delaney's ultimate goal has always been to get Notre Dame in. No matter if just happened to workout this way or if Delaney made it setup like this, it's card that he's going to try and play. I think it's a bit naive to think this wasn't in the back of his mind all along.
I couldn't agree more. I think if ND had joined we wouldn't be talking about more expansion let alone Nebraska being in the Big Ten. ND is what Delaney wants and what Delaney wants Delaney gets. I personally want to tell ND to F off and have Purdue, MSU, and Michigan stop playing them but we know that isn't going to happen.

Unfortunately, Notre Dame won't be joining the Big Ten so you might as well stop speculating. They have just added 6 games with BYU and have recently scheduled in the future Texas and Miami (FL). Given the Pac 10's failure to expand other than Colorado, they will still keep Stanford and USC in addition to Navy. I would expect the long-standing rivalry with Michigan to continue as with MSU. In any case, regardless of the NBC contract, from their perspective (and I don't agree being a grad of Iowa and ND), they benefit too much from being independent (BCS clause, not sharing bowl revenues, etc.).

^^^This.^^^

Notre Dame is not going to join the Big 10....period.

And there should be no further expansion. 12 is more than enough, and the Big 10 is balanced out very nicely.

Agree!
To get to 14, add ND to our division and Missouri to the other.

ND takes over our protected cross-divisional game with Purdue.

That either leaves us with Missouri :), or if Nebraska wants Mizzou, we get Penn State :) :) :)

ND starts playing BYU and Texas in 2015. Once they get to 4 teams in 2015, i think we can officially rule them out, unless they have a backout clause.

I posted another thread before I saw this one, but if NYC is the goal and they are basketball hungry why not take Syracuse, Rutgers, NC & Duke. Look at the intensity bringing Nebraska in for football, this would do that on the basketball side. It may do more to get NYC market than UCONN, BC, Pitt. Think of the programming this gives the network from late Nov. through early March. And you may sell some subscriptions to non-member states not on a basic tier because of adding those quality basketball teams NC, Duke & Syracuse.

maybe you invite Maryland also to further solidify the NC & Duke invite and only pick Syracuse or Rutgers.

Latest posts