Dispelling some comments/opinions on Keno

You gotta love the guy with limited basketball knowledge voicing his opinion on who should or shouldn't be hired at Iowa.

So if someone can't name the conference every D1 college plays in it means they can't have a voice about who they want to see coach for their favorite team?

Can you list Cabinet members in the current Presidential Administation? If you can't, then using your rationale, you have no business voicing your opinion on politics let alone cast a vote.

I wouldn't say you are too far off but the keyword that you mentioned is "appeal". At least there is some kind of broader/beyond just the court appeal with Keno. I can not say the same thing for many of the names getting thrown around.

However, wins will take care of any "appeal" issues. I think Keno brings in the intital appeal, but I'm not sure the wins will accompany.

However, wins will take care of any "appeal" issues. I think Keno brings in the intital appeal, but I'm not sure the wins will accompany.

I think that the initial appeal is paramount right now. Once that hurdle has been cleared then we move forward, but if we go out and get someone that can not even clear the first hurdle then there is no going forward. It's just a very fragile situation imo.

I think that the initial appeal is paramount right now. Once that hurdle has been cleared then we move forward, but if we go out and get someone that can not even clear the first hurdle then there is no going forward. It's just a very fragile situation imo.

I agree with most of this, but how is it any different than where we were after Alford as far as needing initial appeal?

I guess I'm saying I don't think a "nice guy" is enough this time.

It's easy to throw "he lost 13 in a row at the end of the season" quotes. In reality, you should try to at least attempt to use this new creation called "GOOGLE" and do a little research. It is true he lost 11 games in a row to end the season. So, let's take a look at those losses:

11 losses:
at Cincinnati L 92-88 (18-15)
at No. 4 Syracuse
Marquette L 82-79 (22-11)
No. 8 Georgetown L 79-70
No. 5 Villanova L 92-81
No. 8 West Virginia L 88-74
No. 4 Syracuse L 99-85
South Florida L 99-93 (20-12)
No. 18 Pittsburgh L 73-71
Seton Hall (x2) L 92-80, L 109-106 (19-12)

Now, add in the FACT that 8 scholarship players graduated the year before and this was a completely new team he was forced to start over with.

While you have that Google engine all warmed up, spend just a few minutes reviewing the recruits he signed last year and again this year. You just might be surprised at what you see....

Latest posts